Fatal errors with plugins

I went ahead and chose "admin footer text," but it's only 1 of the 5 plugins that have either a) had a fatal error on activation or have b) display a fatal error within the widget when actually used.

Admin Footer Text
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: __construct() in /home/admin/domains/blogivists.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/admin-footer-text/admin-footer-text.php on line 50

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: __construct() in /home/admin/domains/blogivists.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/avatars/avatars.php on line 73

Blogs Widget (Latest Blogs...)
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_blog_avatar() in /home/admin/domains/blogivists.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blogs-widget/widget-blogs.php on line 172

Admin Login Image
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: __construct() in /home/admin/domains/blogivists.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/login-image/login-image.php on line 40

Ironically, the one pmudev plugin I have gotten to work is... WPMU DEV Update Notifications.

I'm running 3.1 on a three year old site. The server meets all requirements (latest php, mysql, etc).

I don't have a lot of other plugins running. I run Power Tools and Akismet. I've also installed Admin Tips and Message, but haven't given them a whirl yet.

With this in mind, the quarterly charge here is pretty damn steep all things considered.

-Eric