403 forbidden in Buddypress forum

Hi!
I have a buddypress forum working with the membership plugin (paid version).

Recently some people have been trying to post in a topic in the forum and are getting a 403 forbidden error. I haven't been able to recreate the error and it only happens to some people.

Does anybody have any ideas?
We have been recently pushing for people to become members and now that lots of people are becoming members, I really need to have everything working!!
Thanks!

• Dean Kaus

Hi @KatieBeth great question! One thing I just learned after many hours of adjusting my website I wasn't getting any of the errors as it had the working page in cache. So now when I have someone tell me they are not getting a page or an error I access it from another computer (with the cache cleared and using the same browser that they are) so I can duplicate the error.

What is the website?

• aecnu

Greetings KatieBeth,

Sorry to hear that some folks appear to be having trouble or for unknown reasons getting 403 forbidden errors.

You mentioned that you cannot reproduce or replicate the error yourself.

Until we can replicate the error, you or us or anyone for that matter, and tell us how we can indeed replicate it either on your site or our servers, we really have nothing to go on and no way to hunt down what appears to be a non existent issue.

Bottom line, we need more clues to be able to try to replicate the issue.

Please check your hosting account error logs for any clues and let me know.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings KatieBeth,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.