404 error

Hi,

I have installed the Events+ plugin and changed the slug, but when I go to the URL I get a 404 not found error. I have this site installed as a sub-domain - could that be the reason?
I have the latest version of WP installed.

I would really appreciate some help.

• Riles
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for your reply Mustafa. I have permalinks set to /%postname%/ on both my live and testing environments. The local site works fine, but the live one gets a 404 error. I think it may be a plugin conflict there though. I will check it out.
    Thanks again.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @Riles

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team. Glad to have you as a member!

Do you have exactly the same setup on both the local and the live site?

It's always good to rule out plugin conflicts, so that's a good start. Keep me posted on the development and if you find a culprit plugin.

Look forward to receive your feedback.

Have a good day.

GinaB

Thank you Mustafa for your support. Have a good day!

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

Negative Ghostrider, I just tried the plugin on a single-site install, fully functional.

Doesn't matter if it's brand new, single or multi, windows or linux - I'm still getting a 404 when I view a published event (on multiple browsers & workstations).

As this doesn't seem to be blowing up your forums, there has to be some element of user-error in the setup on my part. I'd love to track down what it is for my own sake and that of everybody else who stops by here.

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

More fun.

/site/events displays the archive flawlessly.

/site/events/year/month/event/ says "Sorry, no posts matched your criteria

Permalink structure is: /%category%/%postname%/ but using a default postname formula doesn't fix it (which it does in some cases when using custom post types; I'm assuming this is heavily based on custom post types from the layout of the plugin)

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

Resolved:

When putting in times, using 2100 to 200 (vs 21:00 to 2:00) - same thing if I don't advance the date for a post midnight finishing time) causes the "until" date to revert to January 1, 1970. As the event is moving backwards in time, it causes a 404 when searching for a valid current event.

You should really throw in a detect & auto-fix or a warning on this. Also, for us Yankees, an AM/PM option when working in USA time would be useful, as would a simple drop-box.

Best,
    Ian

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.