404 Error Creating BuddyPress Groups w/Membership

I seem to be having an issue creating groups on a fresh Membership install…

WordPress 3.2.1

BuddyPress 1.5

Membership 2.1

I've tried URL Groups, but apparently there is something that I'm missing…

I can reach the Groups Page, see the Create Group link, but get a 404 when I click it.

Could this be a theme issue?

(I'm using the Canvas for BuddyPress Child theme from Woo.)

http://scootmagazine.com/newscootclub/

u: scootester

p: scootester

• ryanott
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Where to begin… I’ve got a vast selection of options and settings built into the mix at this point.

There are two levels, a “free” guest level that gives visitors access to everything BUT the buddypress goodies and some premium content, along with a “member” setting that opens up BuddyPress to anyone with a paid membership…

The user and password above is for a “member” level subscriber, but I cannot create groups or post to the forums from ANY profile (including the admins).

Is it possible that I have too many options selected and some may be working against each other?

In doing a bit more research, it sounds like my theme (canvas child for buddypress) has not been updated since before BuddyPress went to 1.5. There are several threads about needing an updated version for the new BP… I’m wondering how much was changed in the last update and how difficult/impossible it would be to make this work properly.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated – thanks in advance!

• ryanott
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

from Woo:

“Please note that the Canvas BuddyPress child theme isn’t currently compatible with the latest version of BuddyPress. Currently it is not on our radar to update it.”

I’m thinking this might be my issue.

Bummer…

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.