404 error in multsite

Hi Mate:

I installed the required plugins and themes from WPMUDEV but unfortunately after creating a new post and after publishing and view post shows a message as given below:

The requested URL /2017/03/27/sydney-emergency-plumbers-eba-fundamentals-explained/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

all help needed.

Thanks

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello SOLOMON,

I hope you are well today.

It sounds as though your Permalinks needs regenerated. Would you please go to your Network Admin -> Primary Domain Admin -> Settings -> Permalinks and try resaving your Permalinks.

If that does not resolve the issue, would you please grant Support Staff Login so we can take a look at this for you?

You can learn how to grant WPMU DEV Support Access at the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please reply back here once you've enabled access so I will be notified.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello SOLOMON,

Working with my colleague Luís here, I'm seeing something strange in your Network Admin Dashboard. I'm not seeing any settings or setup for Multisite, even though you have multiple sites defined.

In your wp-config.php, do you have the following values defined?

define( 'WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true );
    define('MULTISITE', true);
    define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true);
    define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'yourdomain.tld');
    define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/');
    define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
    define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);

And, does your .htaccess look like this?

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

Best regards,

James Morris

• SOLOMON
    • Flash Drive

But Guys I have another problem....I have a wordpress multisite....and with one username and password, user can login into any one of the site(subdomain). But I want to avoid them login into other sites....I need all help :slight_frown:

Regards
    Solomon

• Luís
    • Support

Hi SOLOMON ,

Hope you're doing well today!

This how WordPress Multisite works. In a multisite environment, the "users" table is shared, so, the accounts are created network wide and not on a particular site.

That said, the user can login in all subsites with the same account. Unfortunately, from what I know, we don't have a way to avoid this.

Our Multisite Privacy plugin have some options to add more privacy levels to the network, but the subsite will be restricted to the users that are registered to that, so, it will not be public and the users will need to login to see the site.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.