404 error on sitemap

Tried to add the sitemap URL to comet cache but got a 404 error. Please see image
Also, the URL is not opening in the browser too, however, the full path is working /wp-content/uploads/sitemap.xml.

I am using LAMP. It requires an additional rewrite rule, as mentioned in this topic?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/smartcrawl-sitemap-404-error

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Rod,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. Normally you should not have to add any additional rule manually. And the article you gave as a reference, is talking about nginx. But as you said you are using LAMP, you are on Apache.

However, can you temporarily deactivate CloudFlare (by turning on dev mode) and check if the sitemap is accessible at yoursite.com/sitemap.xml URL?

Please let us know the result. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rod
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Rupok,

somehow there was a misunderstanding of the stack. I was actually talking about a LEMP stack meaning I don't have Apache installed at all. Nginx is working on PHP-FPM 7.0.x. So I guess it might be better to wait for reply to be on the same page.

Thanks
    Rod

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Rod,

I apologize for misunderstanding. That typo pointed us in wrong direction.
    I consulted again this issue and by default that rewrite is not required on nginx servers - but in some cases (like in thread mentioned above) it might be necessary.
    Can you try adding this rewrite and tell us if this starts working for you?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.