404 Not Found using Multi-Domains Plugin

Hi, I follow the instruction on how to configure the Multi-Domains plugin on my network.

I added 2 domains and created the A Record for every domain.

But, I am receiving an 404 Not Found Error when trying to access on of the new domains I created for testing purpose.

I created the site http://testing.sistemago.net

The additional domains are in separated CPanels.

Can this be caused because we have to configure the dedicated IP we have on this 2 domains too?

Thank in advance

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jaimie,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "testing.sistemago.net" page serves the default 404 page that's returned by host as "placeholder" if there's no site for the domain.

The "sistemago.net" is I suppose the domain added with Multi-Domains plugin, is that correct?

This domain also seems to be pointing to its own (currently empty) directory on the server. If it's on separate cPanel it has to be pointed to the IP of your main site via DNS A record. The "added" domain does not need to have dedicated IP but the main domain of your Multisite does.

If it's already set up that way and A records are pointing to the proper IP, please note that DNS propagation usually takes just a few hours but may take even up to 72 hours so if that time had not passed yet since you changed A record, it may be worth waiting a bit longer.

If nothing changes then, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.