404 Not Found when making page map to original subdomain

The title says it all. The page is set to not map and enforce the SSL. It was working fine. I came back later now the page shows up 404

https://pensacolahome.agentmultisite.com/facebook-app/

Is anyone else having problems with the domain mapper?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Joseph,

Hope you're doing well today!

Have you manually created the pensacolahome subdomain? Do you have a wildcard setup?

If you have a wildcard subdomain setup then you shouldn't need to create the specific subdomain itself.

It looks like the subdomain is pointed to a different folder too - most likely a subdirectory called "pensacola" - you want it pointing to the root of your WP install if you are going to manually create the subdomain.

I would just remove the pensacola entry and keep the wildcard, that would work fine :slight_smile:

If the above isn't the issue then do you mind granting support access so we can take a closer look?

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Joseph,

Thanks for granting support access. I took a closer look and it still seems like the issue is with the way the subdomain was setup. Even with domain mapping deactivated it still goes to the 404 pages on the those subdomains.

Would you mind sending in your cPanel so I can take a closer look at that? You can send it privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -cPanel credentials (login url/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

I want to check the subdomain setup and also if there's no issues there, then your file structure.

It's possible that it worked before because the subdomains hadn't propagated yet. Then once they did, the urls started directing there instead of the wildcard. If you do have actual subdomains setup for those sites then I would delete them and leave just the wildcard subdomain, if not though then I will take a closer look.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.