404 page after cloning from template site

I have successfully cloned the site in the past with no issue. But did a clone of template sub-site, and main page end up displaying a 404 "page doesn't exist".

One weird thing from the cloned site is all href attributes are stripped out from anchor tags(links become like plain text with hover).

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Matt F

I can see the pages are not copied, that is the main issue. Besides, I have see a 500 server error on the console. So, it seems there is an error restricting to copy pages.

Would you please enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Then try to clone again. That will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Matt F

Thanks for sending the debug log. I can see some database error related to a table, though I don't see anything related to posts table.

It may happen due to a plugin conflict. Would you please run a conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if the problem gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is having conflict. You need to do the same with themes as well.

You can find the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-1

Please let me know how it goes. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Matt F
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello,

This site is live, I will not be able to do this until I have a staging site set up.

I will not be able to set up a staging site until the beginning of next week.

I will update you when I have completed the tests.

Regards,

Matt

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.