404 server error on creation of new blog

Hi,
I just created a new WPMU 2.9.2 install with Multi-DB (16). I had problems with the db password on Multi-DB install and changed it in the wp-config.php and wp-content/db-config.php. The new site loaded fine. On creating a new sub-blog through admin panel, the blog creates in WP but I get a server 404 error when I go to the new site.

I've checked the config files and my wildcard A looks OK. I looked at .htaccess but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I asked my host support and they don't see anything wrong. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Chuck S.

• ChuckS
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for you help! I had miscreated my ServerAlias or subdomain wildcard (*.mysite.com). I was trying to create it in the reseller WHM panel. I then read a blog post that said to do it through the site's cPanel instead and it worked!

So, to create a subdomain wildcard in cPanel try this:

1. Login to cPanel, click on the Subdomain icon under "Domains".
    2. Under "Create a Subdomain", put an * as the subdomain, and select your domain (mysite.com) in the dropdown.
    3. For "Root Document" leave blank if your WPMU is installed in the Home Directory, otherwise, show the path to your install directory.
    4. Click the Create button.
    5. Your new *.mysite.com should show up in the list at the bottom.
    Test and your done!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.