404 when viewing new page - deactivated custompress and it worked

Hi there,

Here's the situation. I published a new page, but when I navigate to it, it shows a 404.

I disabled all plugins, and my new page is showing up again.

I enabled one by one, and found that custompress is the culprit.

To clarify, when custompress is running, all old pages are still working fine. Only the new page is affected.

Can you please kindly look into this issue?

Thanks,
Lionel

• flashmech

Another area that custompress is causing issues is when I want to update particulars of normal images in a normal post. I am not using custompress for this, but yet when custompress is activated, I am unable to save the changes I made to the following fields (refer to screenshot).

After I disabled custompress, I am able to save the changes I made again.

Please kindly look into this as well. Thanks.

• DavidM

Hi Lionel,

I'm unable to replicate these issues, it sounds like something odd to do with your particular setup or configuration. Could you let us know first off, which version of Directory you're using?

The page issue you mentioned sounds like it could possibly have to do with permalinks. Could you try resetting your permalinks by changing to a different setting at Settings > Permalinks, saving that change, then selecting your preferred setting and saving again?

The other issue is very odd, you say it only affects particular images, not all images? And only CustomPress is activated in that case?

It definitely sounds like a javascript issue if you're unable to save changes. Can you use Firebug for Firefox or Google Chrome to see what errors might be displaying in the console there?

-David

• Philip John

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.