500 error on home page

I have installed a fresh WordPress on a google cloud platform but it shows 500 internal server error.
No rule is added on Nginx, so the default index page should load. The index.html worked fine before installing wordpress.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Wayne

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Do you have access to the current nginx config file for your server? If yes, would you be able to share it here so we could take a look?

Also, is there the site current IP used at the moment in the WP database for the "siteurl" and "home" options in the "_options" table of the database?

Instead of the domain there should currently be the IP address that you're trying to access, prefixed with the "http://" protocol prefix. Could you check this and let me know about nginx config also, please?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Wayne
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

hi the issue has been fixed by rebooting the instance.

however, i have another problem with the perma link nginx conf. I found that all other pages give error 404 and i can only access to my homepage.

I've tried a few rewrite in my nginx conf but cant get it done.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Wayne

I'm glad to hear that reboot fix the problem.

As for permalinks. I'd start with just a simple thing - try re-saving permalinks settings in WordPress back-end itself (as they are, without any changes) and clearing all caches that you got access to. If that doesn't help, please check this article:

https://wordpress.org/support/article/nginx/

I'm not that familiar with specifics of the Google Cloud platform but since - as far as I understand - it's pretty much a "standalone server" (regardless of the fact that it's virtual/instance) I believe the same principles would apply so you should be able to compare your current config file with suggested rules and make necessary adjustments.

If you come up with any additional/follow-up questions, let me know and I'll ask our admins for advice.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.