I had a functioning Multisite install with no problems. I moved it to a new server this weekend and most things work. This is the one big problem I just can not seem to solve nor can anyone else that has looked it for me. So here goes….
If you are anywhere other than my home network, you can access everything like normal before the move. From my home network, though, I can only get to the sub sites and the sub site dashboards. If I try to access the wp-admin/network dashboard I get a 500 server error. Only on the main site and the network admin, though. All sub sites seem to work perfectly fine.
I can even use my mobile phone and get to it fine but switch to the wifi at home and the problem persists. Proxy’s all return a login page but I just get the white screen of death no matter what device I try to use on my home network. That includes multiple phones, tablets, macs and laptops.
We have tried a long list of things to resolve the issue but nothing seems to give us any clues.
– The server doesn’t appear to be blocking my IP or we wouldn’t be able to get to the sub sites and their dashboards.
– There are no logs that report any issues on the server that anyone has been able to find.
– The WP debug doesn’t show anything different when I try to connect.
– I do get the SSL connection and the lock in place before it fails so the server is responding clean to the URL
– We deleted and rebuilt the htaccess file multiple times and multiple ways.
Any ideas of where else to look or how to trap the problem in some way? I have smaller problems I can resolve easily if I wasn’t losing so much time sorting out this problem.