500 Error when activating Snapshot Pro

I am unable to activate Snapshot Pro. Each time I do I receive at 500 error. Not sure how to proceed. Can you help? Thanks!

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello Michael Todd
    Hope you are having a great day!

In order to figure out where this error is coming from, we need to debug your installation. Could you please follow these instructions to enable WP_DEBUG?
    1. Open your site via FTP or a File Manager.
    2. Open /wp-config.php
    3. Please add this code to it if it is not there already. If the value is set to "false" in your preexisting code, change it to "true".

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

After this, please try Activating Snapshot Pro again. At this point if the error is thrown, open up /wp-content/debug_log.php and copy/paste in to a file with a .txt extension, then upload it here so I can take a look.

I have marked this ticket internal so only you and staff can see it, this is to protect any sensitive information in the log.

Can't wait to hear back!

Cheers,
    Alex :smiley:

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello Michael Todd
    Hope you are well and thanks for the debug log.

If you haven't already, you can remove those lines from /wp-config.php or set the main debug line to "false".

I took a look at the log and it kept mentioning this plugin.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/postman-smtp/
    This leads me to believe there is a slight chance a compatibility issue could be happening here. To rule out a compatibility issue, could you please complete the following steps?
    1. Deactivate all Plugins.
    2. Try to Activate Snapshot Pro.
    3. If it activates, Activate all other plugins.
    4. If not, try switching your theme over to the Twenty Sixteen theme and try to Activate Snapshot Pro again.

If you do not want to do this on your live site, I recommend creating a staging site.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/testing-environment-wordpress/

Please let me know the results.

Cheers,
    Alex :smiley:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.