6 questions about the Q&A answers plugin.

I have a few questions. If you would rather me split these into three different posts, I can do that, just let me know. The first 5 are more general and might apply to more than just me while the last question is specific to my installation.

1. Are there plans to integrate this plugin with the Achievements plugin. It would be really cool if the reputation points from this plugin could be applied to site-wide achievement activities. I only ask because if that isn’t something on the foreseeable horizon, I will get someone to custom integrate it for me.

2. Likewise, is there a way to change the point totals given for each action.

3. How would you suggest adding meta tags such as title and description to the archives page. Right now, the title defaults to the last question asked, but it would be great to have the seo of this page stronger so I can try and rank like a forum would.

4. Is there a way to display which categories or tags are appearing on the specific page (specific question) in a sidebar. Since a sidebar is out of the loop, I wonder of this is possible. Basically, not listing all the categories and tags, which I know how to do, but listing just the ones appearing in that question.

5. How do I disable the update notifications plugin without installing the plugin. I find it disappointing that there is such a notification you cannot X out of. I don’t want to install any unnecessary plugins. I know you want to keep me updated, but I can follow that on my own. How do I disable the notice without the plugin.

6. My own personal question. For some reason, I can't seem to get the "accept an answer" to display. I haven't changed the code, just the css on the default template, so I don't know why it isn't called like in the example site. Here is a screenshot: http://www.screencast.com/users/jeffreygaudette/folders/Jing/media/ca8ffde5-1d85-4080-9dcb-ab3e89383cec. Again, I made no changes to the default template.

Thank you in advance.

• scribu
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

1. I assume you mean this plugin. I'm not familiar with it, but I guess it would be a good idea to integrate with it.

2. Currently, you can change them by editing the constants found in qa/loader.php. The next release will probably make them editable through the settings page.

3. Yes, it's possible. Please open a new thread.

4. Idem.

5. Please open a new thread, since it's not really about this plugin, but the WPMUDEV notifications plugin.

6. You can't accept your own answer. Add an answer as a different user and you will see it.

• jeffreygaudette
    • New Recruit

Thank you for the quick response. I forgot to mention that this a great plugin.

1. Yes, that would be the achievement plugin I was talking about. It sounds as if integration is not on the current docket, so I will look into customizing that myself.

2. Thanks!

3-5. Will do

6. I've logged in under multiple test users who have full access to modify and the accept an answer. The accept an answer option is not available regardless of who has asked the question and who I am logged in as.

Thanks for the help!

• jeffreygaudette
    • New Recruit

After looking into the plugin further, I see what you mean about not being able to accept your own answer.

Not only is "user who created question" not allowed to accept their own answer, but it looks like nobody can accept the answer from "user who created question". So, if the person who asks the question also answers the question, it cannot be accepted by anyone. A little weird, but I get it.

Thanks!

• Patagonia
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I am re-opening about the last issue:
    Is is true that an answer cannot be accepted when it has been answered by the original asker?

That would be a big minus, as often on all websites with similar set-ups the question is either answered by:
    - The original asker, as he searched and solved it and came back to share it
    - The Q&A are both from the Admin, where it is used as FAQ (where the answer is already known to the asker)

So please confirm if this is the case and if so, if this can be fixed somehow?
    Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.