72 Class Theme - Remove Page Title Help

Hello:

I need to permanently remove the page titles from appearing on the pages for the 72 class theme. Thanks so much!!!

• DavidM

Hi randit,

If you mean the page title as displayed within the pages themselves, I believe you'll find that in the page.php file in the theme folder. You can actually access this file within the theme editor on your site by going to Network Admin > Themes > Editor and select the 72 Class theme from the drop box on the upper right area of your screen.

You'll then find the following bit of code on lines 11 to 22:

<!-- open title --><div class="title">
    <h2>
    <a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="<?php _e('Permanent Link to', '72class');?> <?php the_title(); ?>">
    <?php the_title(); ?></a>
    </h2><?php if (function_exists('wp_ozh_wsa')) { wp_ozh_wsa("72890nocolor"); } ?>
    <!-- open postdata --><div class="postdata">
    <?php edit_post_link(__('Edit', '72class'), '<span class="category">', '</span>'); ?>

<!-- close postdata --></div>

<!-- close title --></div>

Fortunately it's very neatly organized and given the looks of it, you should be able to simply delete that for the effect of removing that page title from your pages.

If you wanna go ahead and give that a try I'll be glad to help with any further concerns on it. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.