A+ bio pages linked to BP members/$user/

I'd like Appointments+ Bio Pages to go to the correct Buddypress profile page for that person. The best the plugin will allow at the moment is taking the user to the member directory. I imagine I'll have to edit the admin file a tiny bit and that those changes will probably be overwritten in future updates so can I get one of the devs to add it as an option?

On a similar note:

I created a buddypress theme overload in responsive-childtheme-master\buddypress\ which includes the member\ directory so I can safely edit the buddypress member page templates and not effect any future updates.

I'd like to add a small calendar on this page but I want it to call the schedule for this particular service provider. I think I have to compare the users login name with their service provider ID and I don't know how to call this information or put it to use.
----
I have to admit I admire the dedication it takes to learn all this. Finding the command names for one plugin, calling them from another plugin, referring to buddypress and wordpress codices, endif statements, it all makes my head hurt.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jeff,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I have added this to the feature requests, I think it's a great idea :slight_smile:

In the meantime, to avoid code being overwritten, you could always create WordPress pages then use a redirect plugin and redirect them to the users BuddyPress profile page. Then select those redirected pages for each respective BP user.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-301-redirects/

I'd like to add a small calendar on this page but I want it to call the schedule for this particular service provider. I think I have to compare the users login name with their service provider ID and I don't know how to call this information or put it to use.

That would definitely take some custom coding as you mentioned, since you are needing to dynamically call in each users Service provider ID.

That would be a good project to post on our jobs board: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

or if you are trying it out yourself then let us know where you are at so far and we'll see if we can get ya going in the right direction :slight_smile:

I have to admit I admire the dedication it takes to learn all this. Finding the command names for one plugin, calling them from another plugin, referring to buddypress and wordpress codices, endif statements, it all makes my head hurt.

I agree, working alongside the developers here is pretty awesome, some of the stuff they create/come up with is amazing :slight_smile:

Our brand new CoursePress Pro plugin's is one of my favourites so far. The UI/UX is very nice, you will be seeing more of that style with upcoming plugins.

Look forward to hearing back Jeff! Let us know if you have any further questions too.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for getting back to me!

My apologies, by default Appointments actually does add a tab to the BP user profile that gives the user their appointments list. If it's a provider it will say provider instead of client.

It doesn't have the calendar, but the my appointments list being dynamically generated is a good step :slight_smile:

Actually I'm thinking of purchasing a Geo my WP addon which adds maps to the BP members list and the BP members pages.

Have you checked out our Google Maps plugin yet? It has an add-on that automatically places a map on BP users profiles :slight_smile:

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.