A bunch of questions before I start to use e-newsletter

Hello wpmudev team

Questions I have about e-newsletter:
- is the newsletter responsive?
- is e-newsletter producing valid html/css code?
- how is e-newsletter working in a multilingual environment?
- how is e-newsletter about resources (slowing down the server)?
- how is wpmudev committing to e-newsletter? Are you planning to bring a service for newsletter soon? like you are preparing for backup solutions?

thanks so much for all your work and greetings, marc

• Nastia

Hello marcolino

I trust you are doing well today!

All the e-Newsletter templates are responsive and it uses a valid html.css code. You can find more information about it in this article:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wpmudev-e-newsletter-plugin-updates/

how is e-newsletter working in a multilingual environment?

Would you please elaborate and let us know what you are looking for?

The plugin itself can be translated with .mo and .po files . You can find the translation files here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/email-newsletter

- how is e-newsletter about resources (slowing down the server)?

The e-Newletter it's a light plugin and doesn't take much of the resources. But it can work differently on a different installation, based on how frequently the plugin is has been used.

You can try the P3 plugin to test the plugin's performace:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/

- how is wpmudev committing to e-newsletter?

We are improving the e-Newsletter plugin, fixing bugs if there are any and security issues. If you have any further suggestions, please feel free to post a new thread in the Features & Feedback forum.

Are you planning to bring a service for newsletter soon?

Would you please elaborate and let us know what service you are looking for?

like you are preparing for backup solutions?

For backup you can try a Snapshot Pro plugin, it will backup and restore your entire site.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheer,
    Nastia

• marcolino

Hi Nastia,
    Thank you very much for the fast answer. Ok, some of my questions have been missunderstood. I'm sorry for the confusion, I will precise it.

Are you planning to bring a service for newsletter soon?

like you are preparing for backup solutions?

I'm already using Snapshot Pro successfully. I know, you have a update for it in work, which will provide a backup service through "The Hub".

So my question was if you are planning to do something similar for mail. I think this kind of service would perfectly fit your new way of plugins. I love the combination of plugins and services. It would be a contender to MailChimp. If this is not on your todo list, I would vote for it.

how is e-newsletter working in a multilingual environment?

I know how to translate plugins. What I wanted to know is, how I have I can manage the newsletter in different languages. Is it WPML compatible? Should I have a multisite network with different languages? which is the best way to manage this?

I hope I could clarify my questions a little bit. Thanks again for you hard work.
    Greetings, Marc

• Sajid

Hi marcolino,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

So my question was if you are planning to do something similar for mail. I think this kind of service would perfectly fit your new way of plugins. I love the combination of plugins and services. It would be a contender to MailChimp. If this is not on your todo list, I would vote for it.

That is really a great idea but its not in to do list at the moment. I suggest you to create a separate ticket in Features and Feedback section to give it more exposure. We alway listen to our members and try our best to come up with a solution.

I know how to translate plugins. What I wanted to know is, how I have I can manage the newsletter in different languages. Is it WPML compatible? Should I have a multisite network with different languages? which is the best way to manage this?

E-Newsletter plugins is not compatible with WPML. Sorry!

However, you can use it per site basis on a network for each language. You can change the language of each site from Settings -> General -> Site Language.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.