A business partner of mines wants to target travel

Hi,

A business partner of mines wants to target travel companies and sites with an affiliate program.

First part of his idea is to put together affiliate links from blogs that will go to an order page. If an order is completed, the affiliate will get a percentage.

Second part is a bit hazy for me to implement and I just want a recommendation. We want to create a customized sites for travel related companies to fill out an order for our product. So for instance, a hotels client wants to order our product. All that the hotel staff would do is log into a customized site and order that product for their customer. We would then just do the delivery and the hotel gets a percentage.

I know that there is a plugin for this but I just wanted to ask if this would accomplish what I listed.

Thank you,
Virgil

• PC

Hey there Virgil.

Thanks for your post.

While I do not fully understand your requirements, I think I have an idea you can think upon.

MarketPress allows you to create a site using Affiliate Links.

So if you are an affiliate to a site, you can create a product and add your affiliate link as an external link so if a visitor clicks on that link, the money would go to their affiliate account.

In the same way what you can do is.

Create a main site and put all your products.
    Create subsites for your clients and then they can put products as their affiliate links to your main site.
    Whenever they want to place an order, they can simply visit their affiliate site and then place an order which would go to your main site and you can deliver that.

Would something like that work for you ?

Cheers, PC

• Virgil

Hello,

I believe that would be almost perfect and thank you for that suggestion.

What our goal is is to set up an order form and shopping cart for each particular vendor. Each shopping cart is replicated but the order form is tweaked for each particular vendor. So its set up like a multisite for each vendor with their own set of questions and then it goes into the order form.

Now what we would like is to give the vendor a commission who placed the order. Can payments be segmented also to a percentage to the vendor and a percentage is sent to us?

Lastly, how long can a process like this take? Seems like it might take alot of manpower to accomplish.

Regards,
    Virgil

• PC

Hey there,

What our goal is is to set up an order form and shopping cart for each particular vendor. Each shopping cart is replicated but the order form is tweaked for each particular vendor. So its set up like a multisite for each vendor with their own set of questions and then it goes into the order form.

Something like that is not possible on a Multisite. If you modify the plugin, it gets modified for every site on the network.

If you however need to collect information, you can add contact forms to different sites and ask the users to fill them up with their order ID. etc.

Now what we would like is to give the vendor a commission who placed the order. Can payments be segmented also to a percentage to the vendor and a percentage is sent to us?

Using Chained Payments, you can keep a % off sales. And affiliate plugin would take care of noting down the payments the site owner needs to send to the affiliate who referred the purchase.

Lastly, how long can a process like this take? Seems like it might take alot of manpower to accomplish.

Its more a custom project than an out of the box one. So it will need some good planning and then execution. Plans like this do need some time :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC