A couple of weeks ago I created multisites using Batch

Hello,
A couple of weeks ago I created multisites using Batch Create together with Blog Templates. I set up a template and created many multisite using Batch Create. I duplicate the administrator role from the blog template and added a new user as an editor with Batch Create. The result was new blogs with the right template and two users, one administrator and one editor.

However, now all of a sudden the editor user is created, but not assigned to the blog I am creating with the batch. The new blogs only gets the duplicated administrator as a user and not the editor which I have in my cvs file.

I have not changed any settings from before when this worked so I am baffled that I cannot get this to work.

Please help!

Thanks,
Daniel

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Daniel,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Could you please double-check that there's no duplicate e-mail addresses used in our CSV file and also that the "Editor" users are at least able to login to (even if they do not have access to requested dashboard)?

Would you mind if I took a look at your setup? To do so, I'd need to access it via our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin's support access feature. Could you please enable it for me through your

"Network Admin" -> "WPMU DEV" -> "Support" page

Best regards,
    Adam

• Daniel Herstedt
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you for your quick reply! I have granted access via WPMU DEV so please have a look.

Before making the major batch of 130 sites I have tested just with one site so there are no duplicate e-mails in my csv. Attaching one of the test csv files.

I might be missing some settings for login access but the thing is I have the identical setup as I had a few weeks ago when everything worked fine.

The site /temp-temp was created like this with no issues before.

What I need is that all the batch sites have a new editor user and duplicate admin user from the blog template.

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately your .csv file was not attached, could you please attach it as .txt file so we can check it out.

I have tested your site with my .csv file that has one admin and one editor role, I ended up with two admin roles and one editor role, which is what should happen.
    I'm not sure why this is causing you issues so would like to check the .csv file you were using.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Daniel,

I was doing some further testing and noticed that this is happening because there is no admin account on first possition in .csv.
    I will report this bug to the developer and in the meantime you can try this workaround, create .csv file that will have at least two users, set first one as subscriber and second one as editor, after you upload the file you should end up with new site that has one admin, one editor and subscriber will not be visible.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Daniel,

I actually used two completely different users, you might want to try with two sites first and in that way that you create 3 users, 1 subscriber for first site and 1 editor for both sites, maybe that will create correct users on both sites.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Daniel Herstedt
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I noticed that I need one admin extra for every blog, like the duplicated admin does not count... So I will just create another admin account and use that for every blog. Then each blog will have two admins and one editor (this is ok since one admin sis dev and one is client). I also noticed that the admin user must be before/above the editors in the csv.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.