A Few Buddypress Questions Regarding User Privacy and Activities

I have a few questions and several plugins from here on my BP installation --

Within Site Activity, can there also be a tab for Friends as well as All Members so that people can filter out their friends' updates from other members (but still have the option to see all the updates)?

What kind of user privacy settings are available for users? I'm sure not all of them would want to be listed under the Member's directory like "Recently Active Members". Is there a way to hide one's profile?

Is there an option to restrict membership entirely (turning Buddypress into a paid site?)

Can members opt-out of site-wide emails? (I'm using Incsub's BP Group Email)

Other plugins I have installed, if it helps:

BP Group Management
BuddyPress (with the BuddyBoss theme)
Activity Plus
Group Calendar
Restrict Group Creation
Usernames Only
oEmbed
Restrict Usernames
WPMU DEV SEO
Welcome Pack
Update Notifications

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Philip John

Hiya!

Within Site Activity, can there also be a tab for Friends as well as All Members so that people can filter out their friends' updates from other members (but still have the option to see all the updates)?

That's an interesting idea - I'll see what the developer thinks about adding that in!

What kind of user privacy settings are available for users? I'm sure not all of them would want to be listed under the Member's directory like "Recently Active Members". Is there a way to hide one's profile?

There's is a BuddyPress Privacy component but it's been abandoned by it's developer due to a lack of demand compared to the effort it took to maintain. You might want to try it but there's a good chance it'll break. I'm not aware of any alternatives I'm afraid.

Is there an option to restrict membership entirely (turning Buddypress into a paid site?)

Have you looked at our Membership plugin?

Can members opt-out of site-wide emails? (I'm using Incsub's BP Group Email)

Can you clarify exactly what you mean by site-wide e-mail? I'm confused by your reference to Group Email...

Cheers!
    Phil

Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!