a few issuea with appointments+

Hi,

after configuring the appointment+ plugin I created the appointment page and product.
I have a few issues I need your help with:
1. I created multiple locations however I can assign only one location per service. this force me to create a specific service per location which is not ideal.
2. after setting the location settings to automatically display the location I created the appointment page and products. in either of them I can see location or map on the page.
3. I would like to link the appointment from the appointment page to the corresponding product but couldn't find how to do that
4. is it possible to display services or service providers in the client area on a map using geo location or if a client enter a zip code?
5. how would I link a service provider to a service provider page? I would like to have some bio, locations, rating and services to describe the service provider.

any help with this will be great.

thanks,

David

• Ash

Hello @David

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

1. I created multiple locations however I can assign only one location per service. this force me to create a specific service per location which is not ideal.

Yes, you can assign only one location per service, multiple location in one service is not possible out of the box.

2. after setting the location settings to automatically display the location I created the appointment page and products. in either of them I can see location or map on the page.

Little confused, sorry. Would you please explain this point again?

3. I would like to link the appointment from the appointment page to the corresponding product but couldn't find how to do that

Are you using marketpress integration? Do you mean when someone goes to your appointment page, you want that user to be redirected to the product page of that appointment?

4. is it possible to display services or service providers in the client area on a map using geo location or if a client enter a zip code?

This is not possible, I am sorry.

5. how would I link a service provider to a service provider page? I would like to have some bio, locations, rating and services to describe the service provider.

Please go to Pages > Add New and create a page of a service provider. Then go to Appointments > Settings > Service Providers and in the right column you will see bio page, select the new created page.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• David

Thanks Ash,

1. so what is the use of locations? I have a service where I can deliver in a few locations. the name of the service is the same for all locations. if I have to create a new service name for each location than the location is not valid any more. am I missing something here?
    my goal is to do the following:
    1. Client select service type
    2. client select from a list of locations for this service
    3. client select the service provider available in this location
    4.client make an appointment with the data selected

another option the client can go in this route
    1. client select from a list of locations close to his location
    2. Client select service type available in this location
    4. client make an appointment with the data selected

2. I guess I'm confused with the use case of locations and how to integrate them into the appointment and product pages. it might be related to point 1 above.
    I guess my real questions is how do I use locations and display the options of locations on an appointment page and product pages?
    I reconfigured the services and made sure all the service have a location associated with them and I can see the location name change when I change the service. some what redundant as I have to name the service with the location name so I will know which location to assign to it.
    I was expecting to see a google map after selecting a service as I set the google map to automatically insert map after "my appointment" and after all appointment shortcode. I don't see any map after I created the appointment page. am I missing something?
    oh man, just tried it again with confirming an appointment and I noticed that the google map display only after an appointment is confirmed. after the 'my appointment' table.
    for some reason my expectation was that the user can see the google map on the appointment page and on the product page before actually making the appointment. is this possible?
    I'm confused...

3. yes, I use marketpress integration. do I need to choose between using an appointment page or a product page? i.e. I use marketpress integration don't use the appointment page. is this correct?
    also, what happen if I have new services after creating the first one? i.e. I create new services every few weeks and need to update them in the store as products. will the "Create an Appointment Product Page" option will recreate the services I have before as products? will I have duplication of products in my store?

4. its a shame, I wish this was a feature in the plugin, in this way if I have multi locations and multi service providers users can find it based on their location. this is an issue when scalability of location is important like in my case.

5. ok, this is a bit strange. I'm looking for scalability. if I need to create a page manually to each service provider this will be an administration nightmare. my assumption is that a user profile information can be displayed somehow automatically.
    in the 'Biography post type' setting I can see that I can select the type and I thought that maybe using membership 2 plugin might help here. and that's what I set the post type to be in the 'Service Provider' tab under the "Bio page" option. however I don't get much info there, but the membership name.
    is there a better way to have the bio created and displayed?
    my goal is to have the service provider register as service provider and populate the data to his profile without me having to actually do much beside to approve the profile as a service provider. than this information is automatically aligned with the service provider bio.
    any ideas how I can do the above.

the more I configure this plugin I have more questions and I cannot find the appropriate documentation on advance settings. yes the FAQ is good for the basic settings but not good enough for advance settings. any chance to get a detailed advance configuration documentation for this plugin?

I appreciate your help with these issue.
    Thanks,

David

• Ash

Hello @David

I hope you are well today.

#1 & 2 & 4:

my goal is to do the following:
    1. Client select service type
    2. client select from a list of locations for this service
    4.client make an appointment with the data selected

another option the client can go in this route
    1. client select from a list of locations close to his location
    2. Client select service type available in this location
    4. client make an appointment with the data selected

Location is very basic yet, so neither of those is possible I am afraid. For now you have to create service for each location, like:
    a. Spa Service in LA
    b. Spa service in NY and so on...

#3:

do I need to choose between using an appointment page or a product page? i.e. I use marketpress integration don't use the appointment page. is this correct?

Yes, you are correct. You have to use product page.

what happen if I have new services after creating the first one? i.e. I create new services every few weeks and need to update them in the store as products. will the "Create an Appointment Product Page" option will recreate the services I have before as products? will I have duplication of products in my store?

If you use default product page that is created by the plugin, then if you add more services later, you don't need to create that page again. This automatic page is associated with all services and all services providers. If you create again, yes that could be a duplicate product with same content and functionality.

#5. I am sorry the only way to add a bio page to a service provider that I mentioned above :slight_frown:

the more I configure this plugin I have more questions and I cannot find the appropriate documentation on advance settings. yes the FAQ is good for the basic settings but not good enough for advance settings. any chance to get a detailed advance configuration documentation for this plugin?

You can find the product usage here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/#product-usage

Also, if you have any question, just feel free to ask us, we will try our best to help you.

Cheers
    Ash

• David

Thanks Ash,
    for 1, 2, & 4 above
    the location issue is very disappointing. it doesn't make sense to create the same service multiple time with the location name in it. I looked at BirchPress plugin and the service, service provider and locations are very fluid and can be configured in the way I want. I really hope that WPMUDEV can get the same logic behind the relationship of one service available in multiple locations by multiple service providers. in theory the client should have the ability to view the option he have from a few angles i.e. start with location, or Service provider, or Service.

a service is the same across a business that have multiple locations. can you imaged ordering pizza online from a brand like dominos, or another brand, where they will have to create a pizza for LA and Pizza for NYC? not logical from my point of view. Pizza is the service, it can be bought online in LA or NYC, and the user can select who will make it John or Jane. my two cents...
    at the end of the day while having great features the appointments+ doesn't scale as I would expect it to.
    great, product works for me.

for using default product page
    what I might end up with is one product with a huge drop down list of options for service/and service providers... not ideal
    that means that I might have to a create a product manually every time to prevent duplications.

# 5
    this means that if I have a few hundreds of service providers I have to create this for them instead of them filling a form and that been displayed as their bio
    again this does not scale easily...

documentation
    I could not see or find instructions to the add on...

Thanks,

David

• Ash

Hello @David

I hope you are well today.

I agree with 1, 2, 4 and 5. I am marking this as a feature request. Please note that, location add on is still basic but of course your suggestion will help us to improve the product. So, let's see what other members think about it.

#3. Yes, you have to create product manually for each service in that case. There are shortcodes that you can use. You will find the shortcode in Appointments > Shortcodes section.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.