A few PayPal Express questions/issues

Hey there!

i ran into the following issues:

#1 PayPal Site
I have selected "German" as PayPal site in the Payment Gateway Settings. User still get redirected to paypal.com instead of paypal.de

#2 eCheck
There was a customer who made a eCheck payment (don't ask me how he did that and what this is). He got redirected to the checkout page without any notification and asked me if the payment was completed. i called PayPal support and they told me it could take a few days till the payment is done.

I see that there's no way to select "eCheck" during the checkout process, so it feels like the client made this settings on his paypal account itself. Now if someone does an eCheck payment, can there be a notification on the checkout-page? I'll check what happens when i receive the payment. If he gets Pro-Sites status automatically or not.

#3 PayPal -> Continue
Please see the image below. PayPal says "You'll be able to review your order..."
but if i click on continue, the Payment gets done! Don't know if this is a PayPal (express) issue, or normal, but it could irritate clients.

Thanks in advance!
Best,
David

• Michael Bissett

Hey @David, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

#1: This may sound like an odd idea, but could you try changing the PayPal settings to some dummy information (fake API details, I mean), saving the settings, and then changing it back to the live settings you have, and saving again? Just curious to see if that'll refresh things inside of Pro Sites.

You shouldn't be getting an English screenshot like what you posted here, though I will say that it seems like you'd be seeing an address like this:

paypal.com/de

Rather than:

paypal.de

#2: On this:

Now if someone does an eCheck payment, can there be a notification on the checkout-page?

There should be a notification already for payments that haven't come up as being paid yet, displayed at the top of the Pro Sites page.

I'll check what happens when i receive the payment. If he gets Pro-Sites status automatically or not.

He should, once the check clears (it can take a few days though for the check to clear).

#3: In this case, it seems like it's an issue with the way that the PayPal checkout is working, with the old layout you'd enter your payment details, and then confirm the payment inside of PayPal itself, with a confirmation page being displayed within PayPal.

Something to keep an eye on though, and bring up to the developer in the meantime.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.