A few plugins configuration

K so I have three questions;
First, using the MU Provisioning Plugin, can accounts be setup via the WHMCS admin panel or are they required to go through the cart itself?

Second, the Domain Mapping Plugin, how do people handle emails such as mymappeddomain.com, what if they want cooldude@mymappeddomain.com when its a domain mapped site. If it matters, we are on a VPS/cPanel server with WHM and we manage DNS.

Last Question: With mapped domains, I swear I read somewhere but can't find that the blogs.dir folder wasn't needed. Is this correct?

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

Regarding e-mails Domain Mapping doesn't impact e-mail at all it just redirects webpage header, not e-mails.

You can manage e-mails in the normal way using MX records in the DNS. Exactly how you do that will depend on the the domains nameservers and the facilities there.

I would be guessing but if you have a Whm/c-panel VPS you have created a separate account per domain, you have two IP addresses, one for the domain names and one for the multi-site and you have redirect the A records from the mapped domain to the multi-site (or are you using the 1 IP address for all and parking the domains all on the multisite account?)

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

Last Question: With mapped domains, I swear I read somewhere but can't find that the blogs.dir folder wasn't needed. Is this correct?

You were dreaming, this holds all the blog specific files, like media, sitemaps and more. Multi-site wouldn't work without it

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi there and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community for WordPress Support!

Looks like you've got some good answers here. But I wanted to comment on the dreaming part. I think rather than dreaming you are conflating or confusing two things. As of WP3.5, if you have a fresh install, you no longer need to create blogs.dir. If you were upgrading from before that, you'll still have it, but the directory is being phased out. Nothing to do with Domain Mapping, but a relatively recent change. I found some info discussed here:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-35-dont-i-need-to-create-blogsdir

Cheers,
    Paul

Locked yourself in EasyBlogging? Relax: http://goo.gl/R3gJr

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.