A few problems...

Thanks for the new plugin! Noticed a few issues though...

When I click the Footer Content tab, the Global Footer Content editor content is fine, but the Footer text editor content always replaces '<', '>', and '&' with '<', '>', and '&', etc.

Admin Bar settings won't stick. None of the values I enter on this tab seem to get saved, including "Enable Custom Entry".

Favicon doesn't work, or perhaps I misunderstand it... Uploading a favicon image works, and the WordPress icon in the top left corner of the admin pages gets replaced, but I'm not seeing it show up as an actual favicon (eg: in Chrome's tab, or bookmark lists, etc)

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

rmm

Hi and Welcome to the WPMUdev Community!

I've not had much time to play with the new release of this plugin, admittedly.

But Iet's see if we can't learn a bit more together :slight_smile:

but the Footer text editor content always replaces '<', '>', and '&' with '<', '>', and '&', etc.

I'm not quite sure I get what is happening here. If you can give me a line of text to try I will insert it myself to see how things are happening

Admin Bar settings won't stick. None of the values I enter on this tab seem to get saved, including "Enable Custom Entry".

a couple questions here, are you translating this by any chance? Is this the same across all browsers?

I'll have to ask about the Favicon :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• rmm
    • New Recruit

Thanks for the reply! If I enter this:
    Powerd by <a href="myurl">mysite</a>
    Into both of the footer areas and save it, it saves properly and the expected footers appear in the right places. But if I go back to edit them again, the angle brackets are fine in the first footer editor box, but show the html entities in the second editor box.

For the admin bar, no I'm not translating anything, and I had the same problem with both Chome and Firefox. Didn't try any others. I tried the original stand alone plugin that this plugin replaces, and it has the same problem for me. Strange...

• thoward
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Footer Content -
    I'm having the same issues with the footer area edits. I can add links in the visual tab and it will work but to edit the footer I have to remove all of the html entities and re-insert links. Quite the pain to edit.

Admin Bar -
    Are you referring to the red/green statuses on the right? Those are working for me. Let me know if I missed something here as I've been playing with this tonight and trying to figure it all out as well.

Favicon
    My favicon was updated in the admin bar when in the admin area but not when visiting the website pages. My Chrome tab has the favicon showing when I'm on a different tab, but it's not showing up to the left of the URL. There are probably some other Chrome settings I have to have on the website so I'm looking in to all the favicon requirements and site statuses that Chrome checks to see if that might be part of the issue. Let me know if you figure it out as well.

Thanks!
    Tom

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

My Chrome tab has the favicon showing when I'm on a different tab, but it's not showing up to the left of the URL.

I get that on a lot of sites in Chrome, so not 100% sure why it does it, or whether it's a caching issue?

Update: In fact, it seems to be doing it on all the sites I visit at the moment.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

When I click the Footer Content tab, the Global Footer Content editor content is fine, but the Footer text editor content always replaces '<', '>', and '&' with '<', '>', and '&', etc.

ps. Version 1.0.1 should fix this up for you.

• rmm
    • New Recruit

Sorry for the delay... Re: the admin bar:

Under "Branding" -> "Admin Bar", I make changes and click "Save Changes". The page reloads with the yellow "Changes saved." message, but none of the changes I made stick. All the values revert to the default.

It doesn't matter which settings I try and change, it just says it's saved them but doesn't.

Thoughts?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @rmm

It seems we overlooked your latest post - apologies for that.

Is it possible to deactivate all other plugins to see if this problem persist? It seems quite strange that none of the settings actually save, so the only thing I can think of is plugin conflict.

Look forward to receive your feedback.

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hiya @rmm

Since we haven't heard back from you in a while I will go ahead and resolve this topic, but please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

Have a great day!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.