A few questions...

I will be using it as a directory of music artists.

1. Can I customize the home page listings - I'd like to have a larger image, and also determine what custom fields I can place in the home page listing.

2. When a user is creating a listing, can they select multiple listing categories? In my case checkboxes would be best

3. Can one of the custom fields accept URL's eg Youtube videos?

4. Is the listing page fully customizable via CSS or Child-Theme eg Image borders, etc - I know I can do stuff via CSS, but I don't want my customizations to make the theme difficult to upgrade.

5. When someone creates a listing, are they added to the Wordpress Users list - where I can expose member only content, send email, etc...

6. Can the paid feature listings be recurring in billing - or do they need to be created/ordered every month?

• aecnu

Greetings batsirai,

Thank you for these great questions and significant items to bring up.

Note: please realize after a brief preview that some of the questions and answers are subjective and totally related to the skill levels, proficiency, and competencies that an individual personally possesses which I have no idea thereof - otherwise I could just say yes to all of them knowing you could code your way around anything and everything that comes your way.

Now on to the questions at hand ....

1. Can I customize the home page listings - I'd like to have a larger image, and also determine what custom fields I can place in the home page listing.

This is indeed what i was referring to earlier. Honestly sir, I do not know if you can or you cannot. I do not know what changes you want to institute and what skills you have to make them happen.

2. When a user is creating a listing, can they select multiple listing categories? In my case checkboxes would be best

Yes this is available out of the box.

3. Can one of the custom fields accept URL's eg Youtube videos?

This is not available out of the box, but .....

4. Is the listing page fully customizable via CSS or Child-Theme eg Image borders, etc - I know I can do stuff via CSS, but I don't want my customizations to make the theme difficult to upgrade.

This depends on the theme you use of course, if you use one of your choosing to integrate Directory within or perhaps using the included default theme.

In any event, I do not see how it would be difficult to copy and paste my customized css file before and after the update in this case. However, as you can see this is certainly subjective.

5. When someone creates a listing, are they added to the Wordpress Users list - where I can expose member only content, send email, etc...

Absolutely and right out of the box.

6. Can the paid feature listings be recurring in billing - or do they need to be created/ordered every month?

Out of the box there are both recurring payments and one time payments available.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.