A few questions about editing BP

Hi there, I am doing OK setting up my site on Business Portfolio. I have got as far as I can with the layout and features and I need some help with a few areas.

Footer: Is there any way of adding items to the footer. There is no widget for this area but I would like to add some logos and maybe a contact link.

Sidebars: I have added several widgets to page and post sidebars but they do not seem to be displaying separately? They are linked together - is this correct? Also I have installed the 'contact' plugin and added the contact form widget but that also seems to be a little wrong with the boxes being misaligned. FYI I have also installed the 'custom sidebar pro' plugin.

Menu Headings: I have added the custom css given in another forum post to change the size and remove the capitalisation of the menu nav links. Unfortunately the hover default is still the same (large and capitalised) so I need the code to change that also. In addition I do not want the menu to 'wrap' - just stay on one line and I think the best way to do this would be to remove the logo area padding (I do not need a logo) so that there is no restriction for the menu. Is this possible please?

I think that is all for now! I look forward to hearing back.

Thank you
Claire

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Claire,

Hope you're having a great day! :slight_smile:

Footer: Is there any way of adding items to the footer. There is no widget for this area but I would like to add some logos and maybe a contact link.

Sure, we can edit the footer.php, the best way would be to create a child theme and then add a custom footer.php with the code you want, do you already have any HTML or php you want to add to the footer?

Sidebars: I have added several widgets to page and post sidebars but they do not seem to be displaying separately? They are linked together - is this correct? Also I have installed the 'contact' plugin and added the contact form widget but that also seems to be a little wrong with the boxes being misaligned. FYI I have also installed the 'custom sidebar pro' plugin.

On the widget issue, that does sound correct, though I can't seem to find any page on the site with more than one widget, the home page all looks correct, as does the contact page and the post pages, for the alignment issue you can use the following custom css

input[type="cw_subject-53521f7c44a2b1a02646bf8778241e4f"] {
        margin-left: -25px !important;
    }

For the other menu font and sizing issues, you can use this custom css.

a, a:link, #fromtheblog h1 a {
        color: #7395AC;
        font-size: 15px !important;
        text-transform: capitalize !important;
    }

You can add that using a plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.