A few questions about Pro Sites

In a multiuser site, under "Network Settings" there is "upload settings"/"site upload space" - how does this relate to Pro-Sites "Upload Quota" / "Upload Amounts"?
- would the former be the default quota space for free accounts?

Under Pro Sites "Upload Quota"/"Quota Amounts", what does "0 - Ads Removed (Upgraded)" mean??
- does this mean any non-free account that has been upgraded to any paid level?
- if I only have one paid level ie "Pro", I have two select-boxes here :
"0 - Ads Removed (Upgraded)"
"1 - Pro"
I'm confused about what the difference is here... ?

Under "Ads"/"Ads Message" there is the text: Upgrade to LEVEL to disable ads!
and description :
Required - This message is displayed on the Disable Ads page as an advertisment to upgrade to the next level. ..

question: What is "the Disable Ads page" ??

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

If I'm not mistaken, the bits of Pro Sites relating to disabling ads deal with the creation of a Pro Sites level at which users will no longer have ads injected into their sites (see: In Post Ads).

As for the quota settings, there are overall quotas which are part of WordPress (the settings in the network dashboard you mentioned) and there are Pro Sites-specific quotas which allow you to grant more storage space for users who subscribe to the various levels of your Pro Sites install.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

In a multiuser site, under "Network Settings" there is "upload settings"/"site upload space" - how does this relate to Pro-Sites "Upload Quota" / "Upload Amounts"?
    - would the former be the default quota space for free accounts?

The Network settings would be the default space.

Under Pro Sites "Upload Quota"/"Quota Amounts", what does "0 - Ads Removed (Upgraded)" mean??

If you have Ads enabled then generally the free level would have them forced, so naturally 0 ads would be removed.

The number refers ad free sites rather than singular ads. You set the Additional Ad-Free Sites in that settings page.

question: What is "the Disable Ads page" ??

It's the page where your site admins can disable ads.

Admin --> Your Account --> Disable Ads

Screenshot attached.

Take care.

• Chris
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Timothy,

I don't understand this answer.

If you have Ads enabled then generally the free level would have them forced, so naturally 0 ads would be removed.

The number refers ad free sites rather than singular ads. You set the Additional Ad-Free Sites in that settings page.

If ads are enabled, does it render this option null? If the number refers to sites (i.e. the number of sites), then why does it have MB after it?
    Could someone please re-state it in a different way that might make more sense to me? I don't have a clue what Timothy is trying to say.

Thanks,
    Chris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.