A few questions :) Please see below.

Hi WPMU DEV,

With regard to your membership plugin.

I purchased the plugin a couple of days ago and I think there is a problem. The issue I am facing is that the option to choose a subscription plan on sign-up doesn't appear on my register form, or even afterwards when a user logs in for the first time. Maybe I misunderstood the process, but I was under the impression that a user will be presented with the available subscription plans before he can create his account.

That's it for my issues, but I do have a few questions:

1) How do I change the page that the user lands on when he logs in? Before I installed Memberships, I was able to do this with another plugin (Peter's Redirect) but now that no longer works.
2) Is it possible to somehow limit the amount of messages that a user can send? Maybe offer more messages for higher priced subscription plans.
3) The whole website will be private and I only want the landing page and profile pages to show for non members. I know how to add the landing page, but how would I set it up so that profile pages can be viewed by anyone?
4) Do you do any custom work? I am trying to get a function that will show my guests which other users have viewed their profile. There is one from BuddyDev , but that only shows on the profile page and I need it to rather show on a different page.

Thanks for your assistance and I shall await your reply.

Regards,
Ryan

• Louise

1) How do I change the page that the user lands on when he logs in? Before I installed Memberships, I was able to do this with another plugin (Peter's Redirect) but now that no longer works.

Not sure that is something that's on this plug in actually. It just puts out user on the page the logged in on
    2) Is it possible to somehow limit the amount of messages that a user can send? Maybe offer more messages for higher priced subscription plans.
    Are there messages in membership? I haven't seen this feature
    3) The whole website will be private and I only want the landing page and profile pages to show for non members. I know how to add the landing page, but how would I set it up so that profile pages can be viewed by anyone?
    we use another plug in called "user specific content" to lock out pages to members

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Ryan,

I hope your well today and thanks for your question.

With Membership, your users once the account is registered should then be able to choose a subscription :slight_smile:

1: If on the initial login after a user has been created/created a subscription, the welcome page is used in membership > options > membership pages, if not a login redirect plugin should work, though you said peters login redirect didn't, which settings do you have for that?

2: Are you referring to the BuddyPress message system?

3: If you want the user profiles to be visible, you can add a wildcard URL group rule, for example, yourdomain.com/members/*/profile, so that would be members, username > profile.

4: We don't take on custom development work ourselves, however we can help with code snippets etc :slight_smile: So you want this to show just names of which user has viewed which profile?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• frien337

Hi Jack,

Thanks for getting back to me.

1) I managed to get the re-direct working. It was working all this time and the problem lay in Wordpress' reading setting; I had the blog page set as my welcome/landing page instead of the page I wanted.

2) I am indeed referring to Buddypress' message system. I realise now that I cannot limit the amount of messages sent with the Membership plugin so what I will do is just make the compose url only available for members. Although, a feature to limit messages would be great :slight_smile:

3) I created a URL group and added it to the Negative Rule area in my access level. This works great for most URLS but there seems to be a problem with the wildcard functionality. I want to block the following URL:

> http://www.mysite.com/user/messages/compose/

I added in the wild card so that it looks like this:

> http://www.mysite.com/*/messages/compose/

I've added this to my profile group but it seems that it does not work because users can still access that URL.

4) That's right, I would love to show a member which other members have viewed his profile. Just like dating sites do when they show a "Who Viewed Me" section on the users' home page. I would like both names and avatars to show :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help and I shall await your response.

Regards,
    Ryan

P.S> I have another question, but I'll start a new topic for that.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Ryan

Hope your well today and thanks for the additional information.

1: Glad to hear your got the redirect working :slight_smile:

2: I'll add that as a feature request, it would make a great addition :slight_smile:

3: Try a regex structure, like ^(?!.*.com/members).*com/members/

So your ^(?!.*.com/*/compose).*com/*/compose/ Make sure you set regex to yes, in the URL group.

4: I can only find the one you mentioned so far, but where abouts did you want it to show? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• frien337

Hi Jack,

Thanks again for your reply.

Unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about regular expressions; they do always come back to haunt me...hmm, should learn them. Anyway, I added ^(?!.*.com/*/compose).*com/*/compose/ to my blocked URL group and my members can still gain access to composing their messages. Did I add that wrong?

Regarding the who viewed me, I would just like to add this to my home page. It's a standard Wordpress page that I created and holds all useful info such as new messages, friend requests, etc.

Regards,
    Ryan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.