A full map and game plan for developing a Mutlisite network to bring together 2 very different group

Hi.

I think it’s best to give a full description of our goals so WPMUDEV can tell us if we should be using WPMUDEV tools to accomplish them or not.

Our objective is to build a network site comprising of 2 main user groups. Artists and Brands so that both can submit projects whereby the Brands Hire the Artists for the projects.

The theory is that one user group, Artists, ( Creators ) sign up for membership, granting them the ability to make a micro-site ( blog ) using one of several select themes. These become a portfolio and resume that are then searchable by another group BRANDS. Creators can also come up with concepts for their own projects and then put them in a marketplace, ( a “ wall ” ) where brands may find them and engage. There is a special theme for projects as well.

Brands sign up and make PROJECTS using multisite to create micro sites ( blogs ) using the special Project Theme.

Analytics and social reach.
The platform is a training system to teach the artist how to use wordpress as a foundation to increase their social media foot print, and digital footprint online, aggregating social media site feeds into their wallplay micro-sites, and launching their own personal sites on other hosting platforms like mediatemple or what have you.

My main question here is, can we accomplish this with ONE MultiSite network, perhaps with Buddypress also included and use a modified dating theme to separate user groups between Creators and Brands, ( like male and female ) and use the match making tools comply with this more professional match making concept?

Or should we have m2 or three multisite installs and use middleware ( to be developed ) to connect the participants.

Bellow are our minimum needs requirements.

Can you please advise on if this is achievable with WPMUDEV tools as the backbone of the platform, or should we develop our own platform from scratch.

IF WMPMUEV tools are sufficient, can you please deliniate clearly the a correct outlay of plugins and settings?

Currently the Membership2 and Prosites, don't seem to be talkign to each other, and there is not any traction happinging in our early set up as there are erros in the prosites page.

WALLPLAY
CREATORS X BRANDS

LOGIN FOR BOTH CUSTOMER SEGMENTS WITH SPECIALIZED DASHBOARDS PER
CREATOR OR BRAND.

CREATORS
GET TO MAKE A PROFILE PAGE (which would act as a portfolio for past projects & resume)

GET TO CREATE A PROJECT PAGE (this will act as a virtual pitch
deck)

Ability to connect a A PROJECT PAGE to their profile page

or Have a Project Page stand alone (multiple creators could link to
a single project as the team on that project)

BRANDS
GET TO MAKE A PROFILE PAGE

GET TO MAKE A PROJECT PAGE (which is an RFP request)

RFP PROCESS ( THE WALL--POST IT TO THE WALL TO BE
DISCOVERABLE)

AUTOMATED DEAL MAKING PROCESS:
• Ability to message back and forth

• Ability to set up a conference call and take it live

• Ability to have a way to “manage the deal” saving conversations in
• one place

• Make an offer

• Negotiations: come to terms

• Plug in to a templated contract

• Finalize the deal, sign and agree

• Payment procedure, brand pays in full--but the creator get’s an
• agreed on amount at different milestones, and funds are distributed
• as outlined by the process

AUTOMATED AGREEMENTS (upon signing up to list a project or have a
profile, splits agreement etc)

AUTOMATED PAYMENTS (having a deal making process around closing the
deal, coming to terms, creating an agreement, accepting the money,
paying out the money)

Key Features:
• REACH SCORE (for brands to determine the anticipated social reach
• of a project via social media stats with as deep dive as possible
• for the MVP  in analytical information about the
• demographic)

• ROI MENU (which can develop over time, different opt in
• methods)

OTHER NOTES:

The public can view a project if they see a link, but they cannot
see certain information unless they are a member and logged in (ie.
the price tag to fund, or the reach of that project you can only
see if you are a member)

Members only, must be invited by at least two members to join who
vouch for you.

INVITE ONLY MEMBERSHIP, NO CHARGE TO MAKE A PROFILE OR
LIST
SUBSCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM PRODUCTS & FEATURES
TRANSACTION FEE ON ALL DEALS THAT CLOSE FOR MATCHES THAT ARE MADE,
OR FOR OUR SERVICE THAT IS USED.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Laura O'Reilly,

This is quite a complex setup you are looking for and I'll do my best to give advice what can be done with using our plugin arsenal :slight_smile:

First thing to start with would be using Pro Sites and New Blog templates
    This will allow your users to create new sites with different templates they can choose from.

BuddyPress could come in handy here too. I haven't use dating themes before but it certainly sounds like an interesting approach.

Currently the Membership2 and Prosites, don't seem to be talkign to each other, and there is not any traction happinging in our early set up as there are erros in the prosites page.

In your case Membership2 should be network activated and enabled network wide rules by adding this to your wp-config.php:
    define( 'MS_PROTECT_NETWORK', true );
    This will also address the part under OTHER NOTES since the M2 comes with invitation codes, however two or more invitations required for registration are not currently possible and would require additional development.

I would also like to mention Easy Blogging in here that will enable you to change the looks of admin section for your sub site owners and customize profile creation expirience.

And for the search through network you can use Global Site Search plugin.

As for the payment method, it's quite complex and I'm not familiar with any tools that would be able to this for you out of the box, maybe something like this plugin would work:
    http://codecanyon.net/item/wp-online-contract/7698011

For user ratings you can try out some badge plugins available like this one:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/badgeos-community-add-on/screenshots/

Those are some my suggestions on this but at this is very specific project with a lot of variables and custom stuff needed I would suggest getting a help of an experienced developer to help you complete everything.
    You can post a job on our Jobs board to find a developer for this project if you need one:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Hope I managed to help you out here at least a bit :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Laura O'Reilly

:slight_smile: definitly quite helpful.
    Thank you

what line in the wp-config.php file would this go to?

Also membership and all WPMUDEV files are network activted.

What is wrong with our proSites? It gives up errors like crazy.

http://wallplay.me/creators/pro-site/

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given in /home/wallplay/public_html/creators/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/Helper/UI.php on line 65

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given in /home/wallplay/public_html/creators/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/Helper/UI.php on line 65

Did we configure it incorrectly?

• Laura O'Reilly

Kind of getting there, but hard to say.

Are Membership 2 memberships supposed to be talking to ProSites? Making Pro Sites plans and memberships 2 connected isn't entirely obvious to me.

Prosites now has a working sign up as the sign up form at http://wallplay.me/creators/pro-site/ now works, and using manual payment so that I can sign up some dummy accounts and test it out, learn the ropes of the process. But I don't see how or where to activate the acct as the super admin. So the new dummy user can set up a blog.

Getting there, step by step, but I fail to be able to connect teh dots in how to manage the first simple features of he WPMUDEV toolkit.

• Laura O'Reilly

I'm going to start again and not install each and every likely WPMUDEV plug in and start with just Membership 2 and ProSites in the main directory of the site and the one theme that is being used. That may help allot. Then will build out from there.

Thanks again for your help and direction so far.

It is possible that re-thinking the process we may be able to accomplish most or all of our goals with WPMUDEV tools + a few more from the global WP marketplaces.

Smiles,

L

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Laura,
    It's a good thing to start with the big stuff first and then adjust the smaller details along the way, if you get stuck or need some advice please let us know.

Just a bit of followups on your previous comments.

I added this bellow the multisite network definitions

That's good, you need place this code above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ line in wp-config.php

Prosites now has a working sign up as the sign up form at http://wallplay.me/creators/pro-site/ now works, and using manual payment so that I can sign up some dummy accounts and test it out, learn the ropes of the process. But I don't see how or where to activate the acct as the super admin. So the new dummy user can set up a blog.

Your users can set up a blog if you enable blog creation in network settings, you don't want them to have super admin privileges as they will be able to make changes to your entire network and will have same permissions as you.

What is wrong with our proSites? It gives up errors like crazy.

We released update for Pro Sites yesterday, are these errors still showing after installing latest version?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Laura O'Reilly

"Your users can set up a blog if you enable blog creation in network settings,"

I don't see " enable blog creation in network settings"
    There is however,
    Registration Settings
    Allow new registrations
    New registrations settings
    Registration is disabled.
    User accounts may be registered.
    Logged in users may register new sites.

Can you please confirm where and what y9ou meant specifically by, "enable blog creation in network settings,"

I'm trying to follow you exactly here.
    Perhaps a URL would be great and a screen shot.

thanks
    Both sites and user accounts can be registered.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.