A Limited Duration Membership?

Is it possible to define a set period for a site membership? Somthing like a 3 month membership, at $5 per month?

• opus13
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

thanks for the tip, but it looks like that still processes as a single transaction. I am needing to make 3 separate charges on a timeline.

can i make a 30 days subscription, that doesn't renew after 3 payments?

• Seth
    • Flash Drive

Got it. Okay, here's what you need to do:

1) Prepare your membership plugin to create dripped content, as in the two screen shots below. First, you might need to show the membership wizard (it hides itself after first configuration). Then, you go to the "membership" menu and select the dripped content option. Be sure to follow the instructions in the first screenshot below.

2) Next, create two levels, one for the paid subscription which you want to last only three months. Make the monthly charge whatever you want it to be. Then, create a free level. This will be the level they'll "migrate" to after the three months is up.

3) Next go to the "subscription plans" menu under the main membership menu and select the PAID plan (the one which you want to charge them for three times)

4) Once you're in there, you can set up a series of migrations between your membership levels, as in the screenshot below.

• opus13

Ah. I think i get it, so I am doing a dripped content style process, with a total of 4 stages:

Stage 1:
    'Subscriber', Finite, 30 days, $5.00

Stage 2:

Stage 3:

Stage 4:
    'Visitor', Indefinite, (365) days, $0.00

Do I have that right?

Thanks

• opus13

Just a quick update on this topic, with notes for future people:

Using membership wound up being too heavy of a solution, and using a separate WP+Membership installation in a sub-folder, apart from the main site was a no-go, as a separate, multi-path SSL is required (which happens to cost much more than a simple path SSL ), if there are multiple transaction engines on the same domain.

It wound up being cheaper and easier to use a different service (foxycart in this example) to perform this transaction schema.

The above scenario would work if there was only one implementation of Membership on the domain.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings opus13,

Thank you so very much for you feedback and information and sharing the fact that The above scenario would work if there was only one implementation of Membership on the domain. , it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.