A member has two websites but ProSites only charges one website

I have a member with two accounts but ProSites keeps taking just one payment, how to set to charge for both accounts?

• Diane

Just to add a little more info to that...

There are two websites.
    Since the owner added the second website many months ago we have not been able to sort out the correct payment. She cancelled one of them and just kept one but she has decided she wants both again and I can't get prosites to take double the payment, it takes one payment and then the other site shuts down each month saying "subscription ended".
    I keep having to manually upgrade it and she sends me a payment.
    It is a real nuisance.

I would really just like the one payment for both sites to be taken by PayPal.

thanks
    Diane

• Sajid

Hi Diane,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting support staff access. I logged in and found both of your websites for management.

I saw that the site that does not have automatic payment profile is because when they have cancelled their website there automatic payment profile were removed from PayPal as well as from ProSites.

Then instead of completing the signup checkout on frontend profile, you manually extended the pro status. Since automatic payment profile is no being overridden by manual payment and ProSites does not know it should renew the subscription automatically.

Basically its PayPal that tells ProSites via IPN after each payment cycle when it receives the payment and based on that notification PS renew/extend the subscription.

So, now let the subscription of this site expired, when its expired than ask member to attempt the subscription again from frontend and complete the checkout process to create automatic/recurring payment profile on PayPal for future payments.

Hope that explains the flow and helped understand the issue, feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance or have any question :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

• Diane

Thanks Sajid

The last payment from the cultured bride site was on the 1 Feb this year - money was taken but the site did not update and was still showing the "subscription ended" default page so I had to update it manually. If you look back to that period you will see I manually updated the site and it doesn't show a payment has been received but money had been received by me via PayPal.

The plugin takes payment and does not automatically update the site - maybe that is the real issue. Sorry I didn't explain that well at the beginning. There is definitely an issue with something not automatically connecting/updating. I can ask her to pay for the site again to see whether it automatically updates it but it hasn't worked so far.

• Diane

Is there any way of getting this sorted please? I keep having to manually update and I would like for this client to be able to pay for this site. Automatic update of her blog is not happening when she pays and the payment does not show up in prosites, which means the site shuts down unless I manually update it. This has been going on for a long time since she first had the site in 2014 and I just tolerated it and updated manually but I would like this sorted. She is getting fed up of paying and the site disappearing and I am getting fed up of having to always manually update it - or remember to update it when her payment comes in.

I have granted support access again as it has now expired.

• Sajid

Hi Diane,

I am sorry to hear its not working for you for a long time and I can understand the frustration. You said, you were getting this issue from long time. Did you submitted a support ticket with us ? If yes then please share that here so I can understand what happened exactly. This will help me figure this out quickly.

Once, I will have more information then I will be able to flag one of our developer (SLS - Second Line Support) here for further troubleshooting.

Look forward towards your response Diane :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

• Diane

There are no other tickets. I just keep manually upgrading it. Can you please help me sort this out.

I have said what happens - the member pays, prosites does not acknowledge the payment, her site expires and I have to manually upgrade it. She receives a PayPal receipt - this is what she sends to me to tell me she has paid.

Her site is due to end in a few days and I would like her to try to pay again and have it work. If she pays now and this isn't sorted out will I have to wait another 3 months until her membership ends again?

thanks

• Sajid

Hi Diane,

Okay, thanks for updating the ticket. I have informed our developer about this issue and he will be looking at it to troubleshoot further.

For further troubleshooting he might need FTP and WordPress login details of your website. You can send in these details via our private contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

• Panos

Hello Diane,

Really sorry for the delay here, especially knowing that this has been going on for a long time.

Could you confirm that both prosites of that member had been paid with PayPal Express and not with Pro?

Please correct me if I am wrong, you have set up PayPal IPN correctly (using IPN url "http://yoursite.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=psts_pypl_ipn"), and there is only one occurrence that this happens, right?

It would be helpful if you could share what is in the prosites table in your database. You can export it and attach it here (as a zip) or send us cPanel credentials so we can have a look.

You can send the cPanel credentials through our contact form again:

Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"
    - cPanel url
    -cPanel username and password
    -link back to this thread for reference : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/a-member-has-two-websites-but-prosites-only-charges-one-website
    -any other relevant urls

Kind regards,
    Panos

• Sajid

Hi Diane,

I am sorry for the confusion going on here. The credentials you sent earlier did not include cPanel login details. That were just WordPress and FTP logins using that we are unable to access the phpMyadmin/database area that is separate from your website.

Please send in cPanel credentials as requested above so we can dig deeper. I really appreciate the patience shown here by your side.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

• Panos

Hello Diane ,

Thanks for sending in your cPanel credentials, unfortunately I could not login, I received this message:
    Your password has not been changed for over 30 days, or you are a new customer. Please enter a new password below.

and I am not sure how to continue. Could you possibly check and resend me cPanel credentials?

As I see I might have confused you before I would like to clear here that we would like to see if there is anything inserted wrong in the db which is causing this. Alternatively you can login and export the table "yourprefix_pro_sites" then compress it (zip it) and attach it here.

Thanks!
    Panos

• Panos

Hello Diane,

I confirm I got the table I asked for :slight_smile: Thanks for sending it !

I noticed that there are some records with "PayPal Express/Pro" as gateway which seem to have been made with PayPal Pro. I know that you don't have Pro active, but probably was made in the past or the previous plugin version stored it differently.

I would recommend to keep a backup of that table (you already have one but I have to say it :slight_smile: ) and then visit you phpMyAdmin once more and open that table (yourprefix_pro_sites) .

Replace PayPal Express/Pro with paypal at the gateway column.

Since you are updating values in that table, you can check which of the subsites are trials. You can remove the content "{...trialing...}" from the meta column if they are not trials.

We will have to wait and see if this makes any difference.

When you are done with this, you should visit your subsite's level pages and generally check your sub sites. If you see something you don't like, such as an error message etc, you can restore previous table.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Do not restore the old database table if you receive a new payment!!
    The new payment will not exist in the old table...
    In case you receive a payment (or payments) but for some reason you want to restore previous table, keep a backup of the new table, then copy new records from new table to old table and then restore.

Hope this will help solve this issue :slight_smile:

Cheers!
    Panos