A question about installing Global Posts Feed.

Hi, I just became a member of your site :slight_smile: and I have a small question about how to install the Recent Global Posts Feed and Global posts and comments for my site.

I am running a Multisite with buddypress and that makes avatar support already enabled on the site. Do I still need to install your avatars plugin or is the indexer enough? Just so there is no conflict between having double avatars or something like that.

Thanks
/Robert

• Dukeswe
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok thanks for the reply but it didn't exacly answer my question. I looked at the installation instructions again and it says: "3.Avatars plugin (if you want to display avatars)"
    The question I wanted answered is:
    Is the plugin a must if you want avatars on the global posts/comments even though you got buddypress avatars? If yes on the previous question,Will it work together with buddypress avatars, Yes or no? :slight_smile:

Thanks
    /Robert

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Robert, sorry I missed that part of the question! The feed plugin doesn't utilize avatars at all but the Recent Global Posts Widget does and it does appear to support the BP avatars, though BuddyPress has a built in Sitewide Posts widget which may work just as well for you. With that you'll have at least two options to choose from there. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from ya with any response in awhile I'm gonna mark this one resolved. If you'd like to go through anything further, feel free to re-open this thread. Alternately, you can also always open up a new one.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.