A quick thought for a better forum experience

Hey Staffers,

I realize you prefer not to use other people's work around here but I'm about to make a really strong case for it. I'm sure you've been to the StackExchange forums, right? You know how you get new powers based on reputation, as well as the ability to vote up and down answers based on quality, yes? That'd sure be nice around here.

I mean, you could write it yourself - but it's only a plugin away in a pinch.

http://sabaidiscuss.com/

Just sayin'

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Ian,

Thanks for posting on the forums and the suggestion.

Its not like we don't use other people's workarounds, if the idea is good our developers listen to them :slight_smile:

You know how you get new powers based on reputation

Yeah, so you think that giving moderation powers to the users based on reputation would be a good option ?

You know how you get new powers based on reputation, as well as the ability to vote up and down answers based on quality, yes?

Our system allows that as well. You can vote up or down a response depending on the quality :slight_smile:

I personally think the first idea has got some really great value. Lets discuss more on it before I take this up to the powers be !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Imperative Ideas
    • HummingBird

I think some limited moderation power isn't a bad idea, though you don't tend to have the same problems with net trolls as non-premium communities. Nobody wants to get banned from a product they paid for.

Still, the ability to vote up answers and commit them to more of a community wiki, the way Stackexchange does it, would be beneficial. It would also allow you to tune the lifetime membership requirement a bit more finely in terms of badges.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.