A role to Create Classified listings for others

Hi,
I have Classifieds set up so that contributors can create adds for other people, BUT the contact button goes to the contributors email. How can i set it to go to the email of the person it was created for.

Example:
Arnold is a contributor and has orders for 2 classified listings. One from Timothy Bowers and the Other from Aecnu.

How can the contact button reach Timothy or Aecnu and not Arnold. Can this be done simply????

Goods to see you's Again!
Be Blessed!

• aecnu

Greetings Mark,

Hey buddy I do not know if this can be done at all and you are certainly leaving yourself open to all kinds of liability and the possibility of getting scorched for just one rogue contributor.

However, as I mentioned I do not think it can be done in the way you have described, without the ability to put in the destination email address to include being unintended use, but I certainly do not know everything.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Mark Wallace

Thanks Joe!

Actually i will know most of the Contributors Personally, a few just from references, but will the idea is to have them sign Paper Work making themselves responsible.

I have learned to run everything by my attorneys before taking public. I like to walk a fine line, but try to stay on the ha ha side of it, and not the ooops side. BUT If it don't work out i will just go on the lam until the statue of limitations are up. :slight_smile: j/k <<< Maybe j/k

Thanks Joe!
    Be Blessed!

• Mark Wallace

Sorry Master Arnold i was typing and correcting 3, 7, and 11 year olds at the same time you posted. "I Not getting anything done today"!

ummm let me reread, lol actually the other people would not be members/users, they would purchase their adds in a market press store. They would be paying for the listing creation service. then the add would be created for them by the store owner who has classifieds credits.

Or are you expecting it to figure out which user it REALLY belongs to whenever anyone uses the Contact form? If so you should change the post author ID to that of the client instead of letting it default to the contributor.

Id there a default option for this, or will it require a admin role?

Thanks Master Arnold!
    Be Blessed!

• Arnold

That's waht I was saying. The ad assumes that the author is the person that the Contact form sends the info to.

If the ad is marked with a third party author, how would the ad know which email to send things to? Easiest solution is to change the author to the actual person who commisioned the ad. You can do that in Quick Edit, but the third party has to remember to DO IT I foresee much forgetting.

• aecnu

Greetings And.Hello,

Thank you for letting us know and happy to see that you are staying on the safe side of the fence, we want to keep those lawsuit parasites out of your pocket my friend.

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Mark Wallace

Thanks Joe, i am working on some fundraiser settings, and directory settings that have delayed me from working on this. "When it rains it Pores" lol

we want to keep those lawsuit parasites out of your pocket my friend.

lol I am used to dealing with crooked, greedy, jack asses that have friends in high places.

I just settled two lawsuits; one over my old neighbors lawn, "I was not in town when the damage accrued", but the neighbor on the other side of him was the judge. :disappointed: and the other was because the same neighbor shoveled snow off the side walk in front of my house, and one of his friends slipped on ice leaving his house.

Got denied a change of venue, and request for a new judge in both cases. It was cheaper to settle then it was to pay Attorney fee's through the appeals process. Since the side walk was "Public Property" insurance wouldn't pay.

As you know i love this Country, but it is way out of control.

hahahahahaha fudge them fudgers lol With cherries on top!

• aecnu

Greetings And.Hello,

I am happy that I am not subject any longer to the BS of the US injustice system - here loser pays all - so you can hire the F. Lee Bailey of attorneys and never pay a dime when you win :stuck_out_tongue:

Needless to say there are very few law suits here.

I loved it too until the TRUTH set in. The land of the free?
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_pri_per_cap-crime-prisoners-per-capita

#1 in imprisoned people in the world!

The TRUTH is the opposite of what they claim.

Cheers, Joe

• Mark Wallace

I agree with everything but the last 10 on the chart. I was part of a group that used to help free slaves in Sudan. We would buy their freedom for about $50 each; the problem was their villages where taken over buy the same people that sold them, so they had no place to go, and often times where enslaved again.

Then they stopped freeing the women and children, so they could "breed" more people into their belief system. Most of the men that were sold had been castrated, and often times would be enslaved again just a few months after being freed.

You add that to the other "haynes crimes" that do not get reported there, and i tell you the truth Joe; the US is not as high on that list as it says. In most of those countries the crimes do not get reported, or investigated.

It looks nice on paper for people who hate the United State of America, but truth be said "Check China's, N. Korea's, and Turkey"s unreported crimes, and labor/death camps and you will see we are not so bad. If you work your prisoners to death the 1st 1-5 years then naturally you will have less prison population the a country that feed and makes their prisoners sleep all day for 20-80 year bids. lol BUT yes we are far from a glimmer of hope.

Once we collapse and dig all the elitist out of the bunkers they will be hiding in things will get corrected pretty quickly. Problem is we will become a military state with one government and Governors will be Generals and not elected.

The US is destine to become "limited isolationist" again. :slight_smile:

It is a very exciting time to be alive Joe; and i plan on enjoying it!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.