A setting option to enable / disable BP Group Calendar

Would it be possible to include an option (GUI / admin setting) to enable / disable BP Group Calendar for a single group – the way it's possible for bbpress, Boone's BP Group Documents or Brajesh's Gallery?!?

• aecnu

Greetings Hans,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• HansRuedi Keller

Joe, thanks for your reminder.

It's definitely not part of BuddyPress functionality to enable or disable a plug-in for a particular BP group. Please have a look at the admin gui while creating a group - or while looking at the «Admin» tab of a group. E.g. it's possible to enable / disable bbpress (if it's not sitewide activated). Same with «BuddyPress Docs» from Boone Gorges (you will see a setting «Enable BuddyPress Docs for this group» under > Admin > BP Docs). slaFFik did it the other way round for «BP GTM System»: Activation is in the WP backend under > BuddyPress > GTM System («Which groups should have GTM System turned on?»)…

…and that's what I was asking for BP Group Calendar: to enable or disable the Calendar for a single group!

I have public groups in my community and some hidden groups – and would like to activate the BP Group Calendar ONLY for these hidden groups.

Regards,
    HansRuedi

• aecnu

Greetings Hans,

It's definitely not part of BuddyPress functionality to enable or disable a plug-in for a particular BP group.

I completely and totally agree. It did not dawn on me that this was the BuddyPress Group Calendar plugin until your last reply - the topic was not marked on the right side (I have gone ahead and picked it) and I guess that sometimes happens when one is dealing with 300+ products and working 50-70 tickets a day, my sincere apology for missing that fact.

…and that's what I was asking for BP Group Calendar: to enable or disable the Calendar for a single group!

This feature is obviously not available as you have discovered and actually the first I have ever heard of this request. Being that I am not the lead developer of the BuddyPress Group Calendar plugin the only thing we can do is ask for this feature to be implemented in which you have my +1.

You can now make plugin and feature requests here:
    http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.