A+ single web site for several businesses with same brand

Hello,
I've been using A+ for several years. Now I'm planning a new website or a multisite network for several businesses under tha same brand. I actually know how to setup a multisite network, with an A+ istance for each site. But administrating a multisite network requires a lot of time, so I'm considering the possibility to use just one single web site for every business.
Have you ever tested a setup like the above ? What would you suggest ? One or more Service Provider for each business ? Dedicates services ? Is it possible to give access to the admin section to deal with appointments resctricted to only one or more service providers ? If not by default, how could I accomplish that function ?
Thanks for help and directions
Antonio

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey Antonio

Hope you had a great weekend !

While I personally have not used something like this in the past ! I think this can be done with multiple service providers, each being a separate business.

Alternately you can have one page on the main site for each business and lock the calendar to each service provider using a shortcode like this

[app_schedule ... worker="15"]

Is it possible to give access to the admin section to deal with appointments resctricted to only one or more service providers ? If not by default, how could I accomplish that function ?

This should be possible using the Administrative Permissions add-on. Take a look at the options it provides to see if its sufficient for your project.

Cheers
    Jude

• Antonio
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Jude, thanks for your answer.
    Unluckly the administrative permission add-on does not help. With it I can let a single service provider to have access or not to the appointment admin screen, but while in that screen each service provider is able to deal with all the appointment, and not only his own.
    How a service privider is supposed to work only with his appointments ?
    Thanks again

Antonio

• Antonio

Reading from the FAQ (How to let the service providers editing the appointments ?):

Appointment records can only be edited on the admin side appointment page. Use an appropriate role/capability manager plugin and grant "manage_options" capability to your service providers. There are some plugins that let you select particular roles, even particular users/providers for this purpose.

Unluckly if I give manage_options capability to service provider they will have complete access to all the web site configuration, and that's not acceptable.

Giving them access to the "appointment" page using the Administrative Permission add-on, they will be able to deal with all the appointmentsm and this is also not a solution.

Please help

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Antonio ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for our late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

If I understood well your question, you will setup Appointments + in a regular WordPress installation, with multiple Service Providers, right?

Each Service Provider can confirm their Appointments and set the Working hours in their profile. To do that, in Appointments -> Settings, Accessibility Settings tab, the fields "Allow service provider set working hours" and "Allow service provider confirm own appointments" needs to be set to "Yes".

To edit appointments, they need to have "Administrative Permissions", but they will have access to all of them and not just exclusively to their appointments.

Unfortunately, this is not possible out of the box, and I think you will need some custom code to achieve it, so, I can suggest you to use our Jobs Board and try find a skilled developer that can help you to implement that feature.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Antonio

Hi Luis, thanks for your answer.
    Unlucky I already know everything you have been telling me, I'm a veteran A+ user. I was looking for a "premium" support, which could offer pieces of javascript code or indications of hooks which I could use to solve my problem.
    Yes, I need each service provider to access the admin of the appointments and deal only with their appointments. It's a filter of some kind to place somewhere. There should be some way to do that. I know I could hire a programmer. It's always true I can hire a programmer. But if given directions I can do it myself.

• Antonio

And by the way ... I see this as a "bug" in the software, according to the fact that your FAQ describe how to achieve the result I'm wanting, but the proposed solution is not "acceptable" in term of user profile management.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey again Antonio

I agree the user management can do with some beefing up, but right now its more in the domain of custom development. I did something similar for BP a long time ago. You could use the same approach and adapt it a it for your needs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5jjv4cs90l73sd/app-bp-frontend-booking.php?dl=0

Also if you'd like this added in to the plugin core, I'd request you to open a feature request for this here.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions#question-modal

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.