A theme where users load their own content for feedback

Hey there, anyone worked on Flavor, http://themeforest.net/item/flavor-responsivehd-magazinereview-ajax-theme/4817769 is it easy enough to convert into a social site with Buddy, so users can post content? If not what site would you suggest that has the ability for users to post content onto their own project page which would display so users could give feedback? Thanks.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @Simon

Welcome to the forums!

I've never used that particular theme myself, but it looks awesome! :slight_smile:

As for integrating BuddyPress, that can now be done (since version 1.7) with any theme that respects WordPress coding standards.

The way the theme appears to be designed though, you likely wouldn't need BuddyPress to allow users to create their own review pages.

Simply assign them a default role of contributor. They will then have backend access to create their own stuff, and it will help in moderation so you can approve or edit before publication. Or give 'em the author role, and they can publish stuff themselves.

• Simon
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Patrick, that's just it, how could I create a project page so users could load up their own content, say like on kickstarter? Can I make the admin page of the side public or how would one go about adapting it so you could log in and load up your own concept to test out on your own project page. This is my sticking point. It's just a page with boxes on it that users put their information in.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.