A user with "paid" as status doesn´t changes to active user.

One of my user looks like its account is expired but it´s paid in full. Why doesnt the status changes from expired to active? I hav grant access for you guys. The user is Ankie.

• DreamBody
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I cant change any member with an expired account to an active account without remove them and activte the program again. But i cant do that because its an dropped content from registration date... In that case the user must start all over from day 1 again..

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @DreamBody,

This might be related to your payment gateways options, you have both Paypal standard and single activated and since you're using recurring payments you should use only Paypal Standard. I'm not sure which one was used when users were actually purchasing the subscription but you should definitely not use both gateways.

Changing payment options will affect only the new subscriptions. Once a user signed up via a specific gateway he is stuck with that gateway until admin or the user himself cancels the subscription. Once cancelled the user can sign up via a different gateway.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• DreamBody

The problem was there before i tried to activate the second paypal also. I activated that one yesterday and tried to find a solution but without any success.

And i also have another question. Why is there a "new" category under billing?

Really need to find a solution why this happens with expired accounts.

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @DreamBody,

I've been testing this on my end to see when the status new is being displayed and it shows is when a new user is signed up for your membership. Could also be possible if you cancel subscription and add users to another manually but I'll have to check that with our developer.

With everything setup now and only one gateway could you create new private membership with minimum recurring payments set to 1 day just for testing purposes to see if the gateway change fixes this?

Best regards,
    Bojan

• DreamBody

Hi!

All old user are also set to new by the system.
    How can i change the expired account to active? Now my customers cant see their programs so i really need a quick fix for this issue.

Is it better to use Membership2 Pro or the one i already use (Protected content)?
    Protected Content seems to be verry verry buggy..

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @DreamBody,

I believe you should be able to do that by removing and re adding the membership manually in Protected Content -> Members Page. This will add new period to that specific member.

As for the new Membership2 plugin it is improved version Protected Content and Membership and both plugins will be updated to the new one anyway you can find more information on the Membership2 plugin in the project usage page here.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• DreamBody

If i remove the member the memberperiod will start over from day one and thats a problem because i have dropped memberships that give the member a dropped content every week depending of registration day.
    If there was any function to change registration date for a member that should be an alternative.

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi there. Can you give us 2-3 concrete examples where the status is wrong?

Basically a subscription expires when the end of the payment period is reached and the user does not renew the subscription by making a follow-up payment.

The gateways "PayPal Standard" and "Stripe Subscriptions" (new in M2) will automatically charge the user when the period expires. Other gateways will create a new invoice and the user has to manually pay that invoice, usually by visiting the "My Account" page: There he will see the new/pending invoice.

Invoice status "New" is an invoice that was created but the user did not try to pay it yet. So all invoices that are new have possibly been created automatically by the recurring payment system but the users did not see/pay them yet. I suspect that this "issue" causes your subscriptions to expire early...

For your info: After you upgrade to Membership2 Pro you can disable payment gateways on Membership basis. So you should disable the PayPal Single gateway for your recurring memberships to ensure that recurring payments are made automatically.

Also I just set priority of your feature request to high, since this was requested quite often already: We will add an option for you to modify the start/expire date of subscriptions manually. Though I cannot give you an ETA on how long this takes.

So, in case there is any member with some unknown status (i.e. not caused by a "new" invoice) let us know and we will check out what happened and see if it's a bug.
    Thanks, Philipp

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @DreamBody,

I apologize for the delay on this one, since admin access expired could you please send us your details and I'll forward them to Philipp so he can investigate this further.

To send them please use the following contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Bojan"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.