A way to add "email preferences" section to WordPress?

Hey there!

I am currently building a website for a client. I have installed MailChimp Integration to automatically add new users to an email database.

My partner wants an "email opt-in" function where a user can manage their email notification preferences to add/remove themselves from various email lists.

Do any of you have experience, or know of any resources, where this has been built successfully?

I am not married to any one plugin. I use what is most appropriate for the job in front of me, so any suggestions are welcome. Meanwhile, I'll keep researching.

I look forward to your feedback!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello mediastead,

MailChimp integration uses only one list from MailChimp. So users can only opt-in to one list.
    In Hustle https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/hustle/#product-usage in MailChimp there is support for Groups in MailChimp.

I checked few plugins for MailChimp integration but I don't see that any of them has option doe subscribe to different lists. I can move that thread to Members forums so they share their experience with you, if you wish.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• mediastead

Kasia,

I was thinking about this further, and it can be much simpler than I originally anticipated. We don't really need multi-list functionality. I looked at the settings for this plugin, and there is a setting "Auto Opt-in", and you can set this to yes, or no.

If it is possible to set this to no, and then have a shortcode/code snippet that I can put within a registration form ... when toggled, it subscribes the user, and if they leave it unchecked, it does not subscribe the user.

Conversely, if I can set this checkbox to be checked by default, and the user unchecks it before subscribing to opt out.

I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if I need to go into greater detail.

Are there any shortcodes, or code snippets for this plugin that can accomplish this?

Thanks!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello mediastead,

Thank you for explaining that - I think I misunderstood your first question.

I looked at the settings for this plugin, and there is a setting "Auto Opt-in", and you can set this to yes, or no.

That option means that when user subscribes to list then they can be subscribed with or without additional confirmation. When Auto Opt-in is enabled then user will not get second confirmation (email with link that needs to be clicked). That is illegal in some countries, where double confirmation is required.

That option is not to used with registration forms to allow user subscribe or not to list.

That plugin for creating registration forms has integration with MailChimp https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-registration-form-builder-with-submission-manager/

That plugin https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-for-wp/ integrates with default WordPress registration form and also WooCommerce and Ninja forms.

Our plugin is created to always subscribe WordPress users to list in MailChimp - if does not give any checkbox on registration forms.

kind regards,
    Kasia