A/B theme testing not visible in analytics

Hi, I installed the A/B theme testing plugin yesterday and I can’t find where in Google Analytics I ought to be looking. I have looked under custom -> user defined and there is nothing there. Worth noting is there is no space for me to add my analytics number, but I do use Google Analytics by Yoast so tracking is installed on my site.

Thank you!

Kip

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @kip

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

If you use Google Analytics by Yoast and tracking is added in that plugin, then you don’t have to do anything else. The code will be auto integrated with the AB Theme testing plugin.

Cheers

Ash

• Kip
    • New Recruit

The question I am asking is where to look in Google Analytics. As I said, I looked under custom -> user defined and cannot find anything there. I have spent a couple of hours trying to figure it out and just want to be pointed in the right direction as to where to look in GA, not on my site, to track the data recorded by the two different themes I am testing. Thanks.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Kip

I hope you are well today.

I am sorry for the delay in your thread. You need to check the Audience > Custom > User Defined tab in the google analytics profile. Please check screenshot.

Please let me know if you see any data in there.

Cheers

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @kip

I hope you are well today.

I have setup a test site with this plugin and connected to google analytics. I have been observing for last two days and unfortunately it didn’t work for me either :slight_frown:

I am tagging an available developer from second level support line in this thread for his valuable opinion on this issue, in case we are missing something. Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers

Ash

• Kip
    • New Recruit

First, it is not possible to downgrade to classic analytics and second it is also not possible to create a new property with synchronous tracking. The only option is universal asynchronous tracking.

As the plugin is not of use to me, who do I need to talk to in order to request a refund? I believe I am entitled to one as the product came with little documentation, and what was provided was dated. Hence I could not make an informed decision (I wouldn’t have purchased it had the information been provided because I would have known it wouldn’t work). The product page should state that the plugin only works with the old tracking method.

Thank you.

• Zachary Dodd
    • New Recruit

Has this been resolved yet? I don’t think “It’s a little used, old plugin” is an acceptable answer. If it does not work, take it off the market. Don’t let people purchase the plugin and spend valuable time on a plugin that relies on a deprecated service. Very unhappy with this. We have a client that is relying on this data. Does this mean that we have lost a week’s worth of data? Really?

Back to my question, Aaron said: “We will be adding the UA support soon though.” It has been five months. Has this support been added?

Edit: Before someone tells me to create a new thread, here it is.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.