Ability to import Products into sub category

I am trying to import items into a category and then a sub category. Such as "First Grade PD > Session 1" and "First Grade PD > Session 2". There would also be a "Second Grade PD > Session 1 and Session 2".

With the testing I have done so far it appears to only import into top level categories. Just wondering if there was a special way to import product into the sub categories?

• kennibc

Here is a sample of my categories layout:
    First Grade > Session 1
    First Grade > Session 2

Second Grade > Session 1
    Second Grade > Session 2

The issue was that with the import all my Session 1's went to the first Sub Category "Session 1" even though it should have fallen under Second Grade etc.

I did some digging and found that if you use the Category SLUG you can get the posts put into the proper sub-category.

The screen shot below shows the category structure. So if I want to import into Second Grade Session 2 I would use this in the CSV file: Second Grade, session-2-second-grade. Previously I was using: Second Grade, Session 2. This was incorrect and put the products in First Grade Session 2 because of the SLUG.

By copying the Slug it imported the product into the proper category even though they have the same names below each grade level.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.