About Affiliate plugin... many questions

I have many questions about many plugins from here, everything needs many coding to create a normal plugin.
the market out there has more advanced plugins about affiliates. anyway.

about this Affiliate plugin:

what is Affiliate advanced settings profile text??
what url must put there, the members??
how can i hide it???
where are the notifications to affiliates, about sales or new leads registrations?

Unfortunately I am not happy with many plugins here.
every its so simple plugins with minimun or not of configuration.

• Ash

Hello @George

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

what is Affiliate advanced settings profile text

Subsite users will enter main url of the site if he doesn't want referral link.

how can i hide it

If you disable affiliate links, then it will be hidden. Check screenshot.

where are the notifications to affiliates, about sales or new leads registrations?

All notification report will be shown in Network Admin > Affiliate > Affiliate Report.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Vaughan

Hi @george

The URL in your settings should be to your register or affiliates page I believe.

The advanced profile page is when you create the page for the affiliates using the shortcodes (see usage page) https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate/#usage

[affiliateuserdetails] – mirrors the affiliate details form from the admin area (yellow box)

The above shortcode on a page, when a user is logged in & registered as an affiliate will show a yellow box, with an edit link.

clicking the edit link will bring up the advanced affiliate settings for that user, where he can then enter the url to his website etc.

You can use the rest of the shortcodes to replicate the stats pages in admin, so the user can view his/her clicks/referrals stats etc.

So essentially, create a page called affiliates and paste all those shortcodes on the page. The login shortcode will be used to check if the user is logged in, if they are and are not yet an affiliate they will be presented with a sign up page.

Hope this helps

• Paul

@George,

i dont understand the point of "YOUR URL" field!
    If the affiliate dont want affiliate link, he can disable it, so what is this field? (YOUR URL)

The concept is this. By default the affiliate will use a URL from your site which contains the special 'ref' parameter. So for example assume your site is http://www.mysite.com and the affiliate link is http://www.mysite.com?ref=xxxxxx

Using the affiliate link with the ref parameter on image banners and such can be a pain because the affiliate needs to make sure all needed links contain the specific 'ref' parameter to track their identity.

So instead the affiliate can enter the URL of their own site. This is where they enter the value for 'Your URL'. This basically means ANY links originating from this 'YOUR URL' will be treated as a valid affiliate referral link. That same is if it contains the secret 'ref' parameter.