about grant extra permission

There should be a link for users with lower capabilities (author, contributor) to grant extra permission. The problem I am facing is that I have to make one account to be site admin temporarily to grant extra permission. Please update the plugin so that there will be a page for users to grant extra permission while being not able to see API and settings.

The dashboard widget is a bit strange.
When the user has capability lower than site admin, it shows "You have granted extra permission" no matter what.
Once I set the role of a particular user to be site admin, it shows a link "grant extra permission" and it works. A new windows pops up.

• aecnu

Greetings hkgogo,

There should be a link for users with lower capabilities (author, contributor) to grant extra permission. The problem I am facing is that I have to make one account to be site admin temporarily to grant extra permission. Please update the plugin so that there will be a page for users to grant extra permission while being not able to see API and settings.

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development.

However, I may have a solution for you - have you tried the User Role Editor plugin? That could definitely do the job for you - I'd love to hear how it goes if you try it out?

If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings hkgogo,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member.

I totally agree with your point of granting too much privileges to the user.

However I was trying to come up with a fix that allows you to choose which levels of access a user has using roles.

When the user has capability lower than site admin, it shows "You have granted extra permission" no matter what.

Though I am unsure of what I was thinking when I last replied to this ticket - I have decided to see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give us some advice.

• aecnu

Greetings hkgogo,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by
    yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.