About multi-site setup issue in Wordpress

Hi,
I want to create multi-site in WordPress but when I add the following line in 'wp-config.php' file of the wordpress
"define( 'WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true );"
Then in admin panel of wordpress, In Tool tab Network Setup, when I am selecting a sub-domain option for multi-site and submit it then I got following warning :

"Warning! Wildcard DNS may not be configured correctly!
The installer attempted to contact a random hostname (b870a2.stidev.info) on your domain. This resulted in an error message: Couldn't resolve host 'b870a2.stidev.info'
To use a subdomain configuration, you must have a wildcard entry in your DNS. This usually means adding a * hostname record pointing at your web server in your DNS configuration tool.
You can still use your site but any subdomain you create may not be accessible. If you know your DNS is correct, ignore this message."

Due to that warning I am not able to setup the multi-site. Can you please help me to setup a multi-site in WordPress.

Thank You...!

• Sajid

Hi @antonimike! Hope you are doing good today and welcome aboard :slight_smile:

Please contact your host to enable subdomains for your website. Some hosting do not include this feature for basic members. They will fix this issue for you quickly. Ask them you need subdomains wildcard entry with you WordPress document root.

Alternatively you can also use subdirectory Multi Site setup that does not require subdomains wildcard entry.

Take care and have nice weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.