About performance plugin

Hi there

I have been using WPMU wordpress plugin for a while. I do the performance test from time to time. But recently, I find the setting of Hummingbird seems changed, when i do the test. the score changed from 80-90 down to 22.

So I am wondering what's the default setting for WP SMUSH PRO?
Waiting to hear from you.

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Ai Min,

Settings for WP Smush are depending on what you need really - but by checking your website its more of issue that you are loading bigger images in places where they should be smaller. When you load big image and then squeeze it with CSS so it will fit smaller wrapper then you will get lower score. Even if image is compressed it will still show that "compression and resizing" is required. Here is one example of that image on your site

Image 300x300 is loaded and changed with CSS to be 172x172px

I can see that you are using WooCommerce so you should be able to change sizes in Woocommerce -> Settings -> Display -> Product Images

As for the WP Smush pro - smushing on upload is good option - then you don't need to remember to smush bulk from time to time.
    Make sure that you smush all the image sizes. If you are uploading lots of very big images - then good option would be to enabling "Resize original images "

if you also use original images for example to display products then try also smushing them by enabling option "Include my original full-size images " - there will be no impact for site speed but compressed images will load faster for users.

Let me know if you have more questions

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.