About saving and restoring from/to single/multisite

Hi, please I have these questions:
1 - is it possible to save a SINGLE site from a multisite setup, and restore it into a SINGLE site setup?
2 - is it possible to save a site from a SINGLE setup, and restore it into a MULTISITE setup?
Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @italydotcom,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Both of these options are possible with Snapshot plugin.

1 - is it possible to save a SINGLE site from a multisite setup, and restore it into a SINGLE site setup?

When creating snapshot select which subsite you want to backup and on your single site restore that snapshot.

2 - is it possible to save a site from a SINGLE setup, and restore it into a MULTISITE setup?

In this case you will need to create snapshot on single installation, create new subsite on your network and now when restoring the snapshot select to restore it to that specific subsite.

Let us know if you need more help with this :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• italydotcom

OK thanks, so, I've tryied to import from multisite into single site, but something goes wrong. I'm just doing tests before go to production sites, but there is something that doesn't work.
    Is Snapshot tested with upfront?
    I've tried to import a snapshot with Fixer upfront theme, I got the default theme, without the personalitation i did.
    I've granted you support access on http://mobilehotelsite.com/ to check, you can do everithing you want with that site because is there with test purpose until now.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello italydotcom!

I understand that apart from Upfront settings (your customized layout) everything else got imported well? For Upfront itself, try an attached plugin:

- download the .zip file
    - install it just like any other standard plugin and activate on a source site
    - go to "Tools -> Upfront themes" page and use "Export Data" feature

Then on your target site repeat this steps but instead use "Import Data" feature of the plugin.

Let me know please if this worked for you.

Please note however that this plugin is not an official WPMU DEV plugin and although it was written by one of our developers I'm not able to provide any further support for it. That said, please give it a try and it case it didn't work we'll troubleshoot this further.

Best regards,
    Adam