About the Academy

Hi there :slight_smile: I’ve enrolled all of the courses so far. And I went through only one, from beginning to the end. And it is now marked “Incompleted” even though I got 5/5 stars feedback from Daniel (who I want to thank much because of the awesome videos and the awesome feedback. Thanks, Daniel!). So the whole thing feels a bit weird. Also there was a mention about certification? It really means something to us! :grinning:

And one more thing – I know the whole Academy idea is to run thorough a course with all the people at once, so you can get feedback and share ideas and so on. But once the course gets closed/completed, we can’t watch the videos again until the course is open once again. Why can’t we have the videos on-demand? I would love to see the multisite course as I’ve missed it. But I can’t now.

So :

1. Why a completed course with a feedback from the tutor is being marked “incompleted”?

2. Certification. Anyone?

3. Videos on-demand?

Oh, and one more thing – I am almost certain James said that the CoursePress Pro plugin is being revamped and we should see it soon. This was probably 4-5 months ago. Any news on this?

Thanks much!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Valentin,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

1. Why a completed course with a feedback from the tutor is being marked “incompleted”? 2. Certification. Anyone?

If a course fails, it will be marked as incomplete, I’ll have to check this with the Academy Team to make sure whether we aren’t missing out anything here. Will keep you updated, once I get an update.

If I’m not mistaken, you’ll receive an email once you pass a course, you can also check the My Courses page, where you can check whether you are passed, or not. And if yes, you can re-download the certificate.

3. Videos on-demand?

I’ll bring this in attention to the Academy team, and check whether we could have this option. Will keep you updated.

Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Valentin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi, Nithin!

That’s what I am talking about – I’ve passed the course successfully, but it is marked as “incompleted”. I am sure you can double check my account with the Academy course ‘wordpress development for beginners’, and also see Daniel’s feedback. There might be a problem within the CoursePress Pro plugin and that’s what I am worried about :slight_smile:

• Valentin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi, Kasia :slight_smile: I think that it would be good if we had access to at least the courses we have signed for.

I have courses that are incomplete, but I still can see the videos. And there are courses where I can't see the videos.

Is this a bug?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Valentin,

OK, I know everything:

If the course already ended and the enrolled member did not complete all modules, that member will only able to see modules which he had previously access before. Unseen modules remain not accessible. If however the member completed the course cycle, that member should be able to see all sections/modules but unable to answer or participate.

So you have read only access where you completed course and this will be for all the time – but if you didn’t complete course then you can only see what you accessed while doing course – after course is close you cannot see units and modules that you didn’t access.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.