About the use of plugins without monthly membership

Hi
I would like to know how is the way you manage the use of your plugins.

Right now i am elite.
But i would like to know if i cancel my subscription and i want any plugin. If i pay 19$ for each. Can i use for any of my clients in different domains, and also in different subdomains of my site.

Thanks for your help

• Matthew
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello Wordev

Correct me if i'm wrong but you have the rights over what you buy, once you've bought it it's standard GPL you can use it on any website or project you see fit. Obviously you're not allowed to sell the plugin on but if it's part of your site/project, then it's free for you to do with as see fit.

You can see the full Terms of Service here:-
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/terms-of-service/

Hope that helped

Kind Regards

~Matt

• wordev
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks Martin and matthew

About what are you telling me Martin because of the paints, i have decided to stop all my efforts when wpmudev have change the rules about how to get the free membership.
    When i join this company with 1000 points you got a lifetime membership. But know a few days ago the have change the way they count now with 1000 points you just have 1 year. I think this is unfair, because i think it shouldnt be retrospectively.
    Anyway they rule the site.

But the worst for me is that i have to gain my free membership only if i get 40% of my points given by people that i help.
    Ok this is my work:

I have try to help almost 20 people more or less i dont remember and i am not going to count them and nobody has given me points, only one fanstic :grinning: person from the staff Alex that has given me 5 points.
    And i have traslated a bunch of plugins into spanish more or less 40.at 100% and even apointment plus at 80%.

AND NOBODY HAS GIVEN ME POINTS!!!

I am not blaming the people, because i didnt give points neither, what i am blaming is the way they want us to get the full membership.

I hope you understand my english.
    Thanks both and now i am going to give you some points martin you are about to get 1000. Good luck Martin

• wordev
    • The Crimson Coder

I have discovered why people dont give any point ? I feel stupid...

When you give points to anybody you really give your points. This way i think this method is more unfair.

Now i understand why people dont give any points. It is imposible.

• wordev
    • The Crimson Coder

Any way Martin about my question, i was thinking about that because i ahve read this in my profile and it got me confused

"Any active sites that you have installed the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on will show in this list. To enable one-click installations, automatic updates, and direct support through our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin your site must be enabled here. Note you can always view and browse available updates on all your sites that have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed.

At your current membership level you may enable up to 1,000 domains.

Gold members get 1,000 domains.
    Silver members get 5 domains.
    Bronze members get 1 domains."

It maybe just for updating with one clik, doesnt it? Not for the license of the plugin in different domains...

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks for the points, @wordev.

Yes, the points are a kind of currency and people are a little hesitant to part with them.

I agree with the purpose of what WPMU DEV is trying to accomplish. They are trying to encourage community involvement. But they also can not make it too easy to obtain lifetime membership, otherwise they have no revenue stream and then cease to function.

I would be interested in your thoughts in how to make it better. I believe the increase in number of points is to accommodate the new structure they will be rolling out where you can obtain more points in different ways. Even so, I believe you are right that the primary hurdle will be the 400/1000 or 2000/5000 points that must come from other members.

At a minimum, don't cancel your subscription until a couple of days before it expires. You may change your mind.

Regards,

Martin

• wordev
    • The Crimson Coder

OK Martin. Thanks for you help and your points anyway.
    I'd stay longer but i cant afford it, i am really glad to be here, but it is too money for me.
    Anyway i'll pick some plugins ...

Before i leaving at the end of may i will give you back the points.
    Thanks martin and glad to know you.
    See you

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify here, you're free to use any of our plugins after your membership expires. So if your full membership is about to expire, you can still use anything you downloaded without restriction. This is because of the GPL.

You just don't have access to updates (including bug fixes and new features, or support.

The same is true for full memberships, and single memberships. Both are setup as subscriptions, so it's not $19 one time. You would need to keep a monthly subscription to receive updates.

Best regards,

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @wordev,

What Alex is trying to say is that just before your membership expires, you can download all of the plugins you want and still use them on all or your sites and the sites you develop. You won't have access to any updates unless or until you renew your membership down the road for another month. At that time, you can do the same thing again.

Make sense?

I'm not sure how to do it, but I would like to find out more about what you do and stay in contact. Thoughts?

Regards,

Martin

• wordev
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Jack
    Simple i wanted to send back an email to martin, and i dont know his email.
    Even i send him back an email asking for it throgh my private email and i hadnt response.
    I dont know if you could help me with that
    Thanks Jack

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.