About Ultimate Facebook plugin

Hi, I am planning to use ultimate facebook plugin for login and registration. Before using it, I have some questions:
1. What username will a user have who sign up using facebook?
2. I am using custom registraion page. How am I going to integrate "register with facebook" button?
3. There are bunch of user's meta, that needs to be assigned to newly created users. How am I going to do that?

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing

Hiya @Arin,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

1: I've just checked and my user had my full name of the FB account, as the username.

2: You can use the following shortcode for this, [wdfb_connect] if you need to add that in your custom template, you can use the do_shortcode function, http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode :slight_smile:

3: This one depends on the exact user meta, can you let me know what sort of info you will be trying to take from the facebook account to map, as now that normally requires your app to be approved by Facebook. :slight_smile:

I would also note, that in 2015, Facebook do have plans to discontinue the register with Facebook functionality, this would mean that functionality would no longer work unfortunately, I believe Yahoo has also removed it from their logins.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Arin,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

You can map Facebook fields to custom user meta fields out of the box within the plugin, though this would then mean the app would need to be approved, as it's requiring permissions out of the default permission set.

If your trying to apply custom meta to a user automatically, you can see the available helper functions and filters available in wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/wdfb_utilities :slight_smile:

Also, I want all users be able to post their words, or share any content of site to their timeline without leaving the site. Can they do that too?

You can use the built in auto post with Facebook, in Ultimate Facebook > settings > Autoposting. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.